遊艇老友交流站

歡迎閣下在此分享任何與遊艇活動有關的項目,包括考試技巧、駕駛經驗、機件維修、購物情報及最佳景點等資料。所有討論文章及相片必須與遊艇活動有關,而且禁止含有不雅、誹謗、誤導及商業推銷成份。所有言論內容,本會絕不負責,並且有權隨時刪除而不作任何通知。

如需刊登私人買賣租賃廣告,煩請使用免費買賣/租賃專區
亦歡迎電郵本會 info@hkyacht.com.hk 查詢交換買賣廣告專頁費用

遊艇老友交流
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cold start

I have great difficulty in starting a cold 150 Yamaha outboard. Once it is warmed up, there is no problem in restarting it. I have sometimes cranked it up to 5 minutes ( pause at intervals ). The starter works but the engine does not fire up.
Any advice from experts on the proper procedure for starting a cold Yamaha would be appreciated. The engine has only 60 hours on it.
Thanks

Re: cold start

check the idle RPM...should be too low
it is a 2 stroke engine right?

yes, it's a 2 stroke and the idle rpm is 700. Any further views would be appreciated.

if you see 700RPM at the meter in neuture mode...and thats the right idle speed. Then check the spark plug to see if it is fouled.if it is fouled,wash it with gasoline and tooth brush.if it happens again...u should think about u might be using the fake 2T oil.which oil r u using by the way?blue cap or gold cap?

The spark plugs have just been replaced. The old spark plugs were a bit black. I am using Quick.... Oil with black Cap. It appears that the engine is not sucking enough oil to make a start but once it gets warmed up, there is no problem in restarting it. I notice that there is a manual choke at the bottom of the engine block and wonder whether I need to pull that choke to help start the engine?

u really should use the old one,it is a 2 stroke engine and of coz it gets black....u have some cold starting problem b4 u change the spark plug?

The problem was there before I change the spark plug.

太新嘅電子機我唔懂,但如有風門冷机起動應拉開,起動困難撻極唔著時留意排氣有冇氣油味,如冇即係上唔到油,有冇揸波仔先!

Every time, I have squeezed the primer until it's hard. I did also try using the free accelerator and the manual choke. Still getting the cold engine started was difficult. I wonder whether the carburettor needs to be cleaned and adjusted.
Further views would be welcome.

I guess its more likely the problem from the 2T oil,
your engine only run for 60 hrs,even u used "ghost gasoline"it should not be like this.

What is 2T Oil?

2 stroke oil,the lubricant
why do u use other brand instead of Yamaha?

Quick... is quite a popular lubricant for outboard engine and I have used it for 2 years with my previous Johnson without any complaint. Do you think Yamaha Lub would be more suitable for Yam OB ?Would it improve the performance and reduce the wear on the engine than other brand? Where can I buy the genuine Yam Lub?

bcoz i have a jetski and it was using seadoo 2T oil but the spark plug foul easily and hard to have a cold startas well like urs.after i use Yamaha one and it never happens again.check the battery as well