遊艇老友交流站

歡迎閣下在此分享任何與遊艇活動有關的項目,包括考試技巧、駕駛經驗、機件維修、購物情報及最佳景點等資料。所有討論文章及相片必須與遊艇活動有關,而且禁止含有不雅、誹謗、誤導及商業推銷成份。所有言論內容,本會絕不負責,並且有權隨時刪除而不作任何通知。

如需刊登私人買賣租賃廣告,煩請使用免費買賣/租賃專區
亦歡迎電郵本會 info@hkyacht.com.hk 查詢交換買賣廣告專頁費用

遊艇老友交流
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for someone to fix 28' Catamaran

Hi, a friend and I have a 28' Catamaran in Hebe Heaven Club, Pak Sha Wan in Sai Kung. We haven't used it for quite a while and there are some problems needs to be fixed before we can take it up again. I am looking for experienced individual or factories, professional or amateur, whoever can help fix the boat. I have checked with a factory nearby the club, but he seems just too busy to give me any quote. I don't want to wait any longer, so I am seeking help here. If you know someone or factory who is willing to check the boat and give me a quote, please do let me know and I can forward some pictures took from the boat to illustrate the problems and/or take them to see the boat. I try to describe the problem as following, sorry, the wording is far from professional.

The main things are to be fixed are:
1. Two holes on the front. Fiber glass was broken and there is one hole on each side.
2. The bottom stand of the mast may need replacement. By that I mean the big iron holder which stand on the roof of the boat, the mast itself seems ok.
3. We need an 30 horse power external engine, either used or brand new. It should come with installation.
4. The door's lock and hinge need to be replaced
5. Bottom clean up
6. Electrical system was down for a while.
7. Other miscellaneous stuff

Thank you and really appreciate any helpful information.

Derek

Re: Looking for someone to fix 28' Catamaran

Have you ever thought about get it fixed by yourself?

Yes, but I am not experienced. I did the bottom clean up and painting a few year back. Other than that, I don't know how to fix the fiber glass stuff, how to make a new mast stand, etc. If anyone can give some suggestion, I am willing to try. After all, I am an engineer myself, software though. :)

fiber glass:

1.file the hole into a tapper-like,bigger end face outside
2.rough sanding to remove all the paint around the hole inside the boat
3.clean with fresh water first,let it dry then clean with light gasoline/lighter fuel again
4.place 1 or 2 layer of fine and thin fiber glass cloth which is slight bigger than the hole size outside and cover with plastic film and rap it with adhesive tapes
make sure it should be tight or a lot of sanding work ahev to be done later on
5.mix the resin and handener,apply into the hole from inside the boat right away by a small paint brush and try to fill up as much as you can
6.place coarse fiber glass cloth ,make sure it is painted and soaked completely with resin before you place another layer,the diameter of the fiber glass cloth has to be around 3 times of the hole

This is the way to make it high strenght or

simply you can do step 1-3,from outside cover with plastic film and rap it with adhesive tapes,apply a resin call sun-curl which is for surfboard repairing,look like a toothpaste and use it as a putty to fill up the hole.Make sure you do this one without direct sunlight

about bottom stand of the mast

simply take it to a workshop and make a copy of it?
but i only know one in Aberdeen,no idea where to find in Sai Kung

why there are damages ? why there are holes? are there anymore hidden damages? esp about the structural, Is the standing rigging ok ? crossbars ok?

Thanks guys for the helpful suggestion. I uploaded the pictures at http://www.xiantaoluo.com/boatpictures/ and with each picture, there is a short text comment of the problem.

KK, thanks for the detail instructions, very helpful. However, I am still not quite sure I can handle the work by myself. I haven't done this before and don't even know what are the right tools and materials and where to get them. Is it possible for you to come on-site or somewhere I can learn by hands on? We can go to the club house and have some beer while waiting for the stuff to dry out. Interested? :)

I've taken a look at the pictures
Actually the biggest problem is you have to repaint the antifouling.Much easiler to do the repairing on land as well

各位巴打,白沙灣有無剷蠔叔推介?

what type of boat is it ?
Do you have a owner manual and operation guide ?

check it out first.

The fibreglass parts and door hinge are easy to fix, only the mast step need concern, how it 'sit' on the crossbeam of the boat, are there any softspot nearby or on the hulls, or those rusty color just flew from other metal parts inside the mast?

It's a catamaran and about 28 feet long (maybe not exact but roughly that long). It's pretty old boat and I don't know if I can find the user manual. The mast itself seems fine and even the bottom stand is still holding up. I can tell there is no constructural damage, just I want to replace it because it is a might be a potential risk.

KK, the anti-fouling you talked about is to clean up the boat bottom? I have done that once a few years ago. Although it's labor intensive, it is manageable.

If any of you guys can help with the boat, please contact me at 64986990 (Derek) or email me derek.lei.liu@gmail.com. I would really appreciate that. At this moment, I still can't handle the fiber glass and the mast stand, nor the door. sigh.

If you are the HHYC member, you may call Alan Reid or Tets to have a look on your boat.

點解好似畀人疏忽照顧得咁緊要既? 真係好可惜.....

請問隻船賣吾賣?

Derek:
依你隻船的情況是缺乏保養而導致,假如熄出海須進行維修及正確地保養,好似一間屋如非經常有人出入都容易損壞久而久之建築結構都出現很多問題.
我最近己正式退休了,對船隻維修保養亦略有經驗,可電聯給我交流心得或約定時間落船觀察提供意見.
假如你有意出售我亦想買隻船過休閒生活及以船會友,日後你亦可駕駛出海.

各位船友我己完成內河船(甲板)三伙船牌課程,較為清閒希望借用此網站文朋結友,假如對航海有興趣大可提出討論交流.或者一齊出海嘗試導航儀器航海法,可惜我尚未有船
假如各方好友代留意平價船出售,擁有自已船隻,實際航海交流較方便.謝.

I think your boat may be a Catalac 8M. You may visit http://catalpa.amberdell.com/catalac_history.htm for details.

Yes, the boat is a catalac 27'. After I started this thread, I received phone calls from a few good-souls. They give me good advice and very helpful information. To make the story short, the boat is in this state because lack of attention and virtually no maintenance. Now I want to fix it up and make it a live. So the current status is that I found one contractor and the boat will be lifted on land for maintenance in Feb. The major work in Feb will be bottom clean and fiber glass fix. Before Feb, I expect work on the mast stand and other miscellaneous damages. The work now is to lower the mast and take out the stand. The stand itself should be easy because the screws are all clear and should be easy to take out. My current problem is I don't know how to lower the mast. Although it maybe simple for experts and it does look seem straightforward from this instruction, http://catalpa.amberdell.com/mast_lowering.htm , it still looks cryptic to me.

If anyone can help me to lower the mast while the boat is in the water, that would be terrific.

Hi Derek,

your boat fixed?

cheers

Sorry haven't checked this forum for a while so didn't see your message. I have the mast stand made and installed on the boat. Now the boat is shored up and under repair for other damages. The boat should be ready in a week or so. When it is fixed completely, I will post some pictures to cover each details steps and hopefully it can be help to others.

http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/index.php

try this

rick and talbot are the experts

good luck