遊艇老友交流站

歡迎閣下在此分享任何與遊艇活動有關的項目,包括考試技巧、駕駛經驗、機件維修、購物情報及最佳景點等資料。所有討論文章及相片必須與遊艇活動有關,而且禁止含有不雅、誹謗、誤導及商業推銷成份。所有言論內容,本會絕不負責,並且有權隨時刪除而不作任何通知。

如需刊登私人買賣租賃廣告,煩請使用免費買賣/租賃專區
亦歡迎電郵本會 info@hkyacht.com.hk 查詢交換買賣廣告專頁費用

遊艇老友交流
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re : boat comments

Hi,

I want to know the commnets for Salpa Laver 20.5.
本人想知此船(Salpa Laver)是否好用?

Thanks for help.

B.Rgds
Franky Lo

Re: Re : boat comments

Where do you use this boat ? What is the purpose ?
This boat is a small curiser built in Italy, using a outboard 140 HP (usually 4 strokes). The power is OK but not too fast, oil consumption for 4 strokes is OK. You have to find out what year is the engine. Usually the importer will install a Suzuki engine. The older the engine year, the more checking you need. This is not a fishing boat. It is designed with a very deep V. If the sea is rough, it will shake. If you need a small boat for swimming in Sai Kung..that is OK..but the matter is pricing. If you want to sail the boat from Sai Kung ...to Lama etc... wind grade 4 you will see the trouble. Hope this if of help...

Hi pat,

Thanks for your advise, actually I am a new hand and saw a 2nd hand salpa laver 20.5 year 2002 with 140 hp Suzuki engine (HKD160,000) on the other web site. I want to buy it and only sail in Tai Po area.

I am a current owner of Salpa 20.5. Honestly, it really depends on what you plan to do with it. I find it quite good as I only go around SaiKung area. I usually drive the boat for 30 mins max, and then stop and laze around for whole day. The advantages are: very well equipped (with cabinet and toilet), looks good / sleek design, and comfortable sitting / sleeping. However, if you intend to go far, there might be trouble cos it gets very rocky with big waves (bec of the deep V design). All in all, it is small and efficient if you are user like me. I would strong recommend it.

Hi WSF,

Thanks for your advise. I will test this boat later.Is this boat's handling easy?????I only got the license and never handle the boat before.

B.RGds

Oh very easy, I bought it 2 months after I got my license, has been very smooth!
Enjoy your test drive !

Hi WFS,

Since you have this boat. Could you please advise the check point for this boat??? I don't want to buy the boat need to have many repair.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but am not sure where the check point is cos I just relied on my coach and friend to check before I bought it. And touch wood, nothing bad had happened since I bought so have not checked on that yet.

Hope the following would help.
Some people may carry out a compression test on the outboard before buying.
http://waterski.about.com/od/boats/a/buyused_boat.htm

Hi WSF and Sealover,

Thanks for your advise. I will prepare all the check list before I go to try the boat.

B.Rgds

If this is a suzuki engine, the agent is Protect Engineering. You can ask for a maintainence report...the agent can use a lap top to check
1) Actual engine hours
2) Previous engine problem, if there is any
Mr. Chow of Protect Engineering in Shaukiwan has provided to me professional services when I bought my exisiting boat..using a 225 Suzuki four strokes

Regarding the body, you have to check it by yourselves. Mooring in water or storing in dry dock makes a lot of difference.

I have a typo in my previous reply...The boat is not designed with a very deep V.

Pat

Dear Pat,

Could you please tell me where this Protect Engineering is and its contact phone number.

Protech Engineering Company (Dealer of Suzuki Marine Engine HK)

Mr. Chow 25675012

(Ask him for the exact address)

Hi Pat,

Thankls for your help.

B.Rgds
Franky Lo

Hi! Franky,
你都係大埔玩?到時可大家研究下!
三門仔有個整船的大偉,保養維修都ok
有需要可請他幫你去驗收。

Hi Alan Chan,

Thanks for your information. I still awaiting for sales reply. Will e-mail you if I am ready.

B.Rgds
Franky Lo