Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are the Gouyave folks the finest fryers, steamers, barbecuers, bakers of the island fishes?

On a controversial note, most people may, make the assumption that if Gouyave is an acclaimed ‘super’ fishing town, they most know something about the freshly caught fishes and how to cook it to my concept of ‘Gouyave perfection’. I always cook my fish myself; I have not yet had the pleasure of savouring the delights of the Gouyave folk’s fish cooking skills. However, I usually lightly fry my fish, my favourite is king fish (expecially when it is prepared in chunks, by the ever so courteous fish selling ladies in St Georges fish market - I had the pleasure of accompanying my Grandmother when i was a child to purchase fish in Gouyave, and the fishladies were also very polite and kind), after a light dip in flour mixed with coarse black pepper. I like to taste the fish and not the spices. But that is my preference, and of course, my fish is cooked to personal a la carte perfection.
So, let us discuss, the questions: Are the Gouyave folks the finest fryers, steamers, barbecuers, bakers of the island fishes? Are some of Gouyave medal winning fishermen better at cooking their catch than the non-medal women of Gouyave?