Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
50 years ago Rev. Martin Luther had a dream - What is your dream?

Today, i join in the celebrations of one of our brother and father in Christ, Martin Luther King Jr. I just love this man's, 'I have a dream' speech, which is now historical, I am sure when he wrote it, he probably thought it was a one off speech! - 50 years on, it is still remembered with profound love by many nations! I love the Lord, for giving us such an exemplar driving force of one of his created child the task, for setting a population of His people free.

I quote one of my favourite part of his speech text:

......I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

unquote

I too have many dreams, where everyone will be able to use their talents, gifts,skills, knowledge, qualifications for the glory of God, where the qualified will help the unqualified, where the articulate with be the voice for the inarticulate, where we will be able to learn from one another without any trace of grudge, jealousy or illwill. Remember one of my dream/vision, in a previous post - to see guava trees replanted in Gouyave..I will live to see my dream. Amen.

Have a lovely Martin Luther day, be it in your thoughts, words or actions and most of the people who gathered in Washington on that blessed day were saying AMEN before the political changes were changed. And join me to in saying AMEN for more changes to come in our lives. Amen.