Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Town of St. George

A pleasant, much appreciative and very refreshing 'post' illustrating the 'old scenery' of the capital town of Grenada. Many thanks for the author who posted it on the forum. I have noticed on several writings these days, refering to the capital as St George, I have always heard people saying, St Georges'.

Of course, if this 'recording' was part of a research of the old capital town was for academic purposes, it was of conflicting interest, even on a small scale, that some of the named visitors to the island were not fascinated by the capital of Grenada. The old scenes are reminiscent of a very natural, tropical, part of sparsely populated capital surrounded by lushful vegetation. Are pineapples still grown around parts of St George's?

I wonder what some of these 'then Mother Country' visitors of the past, would say, or write in the diary/journal account if they revisited the town now!
On the contrary, what did they do for the island of Grenada (and other islands) further down the historical line - made sure it was inclusive in their slave trade route agenda. But God had His own dream, and further down his own line of perfection, the downtrodden was set free.

In summing up this post: I ask God the Maker of Heaven and earth to bless His island, that along the generations, men called it Grenada. To bless all peoples who live and once lived on the island, in the name of Jesus. Amen.