Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grannies old sayings

I have no idea if it is her original or whether it belongs to someone else, but reading this poem posted on FaceBook by my grand-daughter forced me to think about the things our own grandparents used to tell us as children back in Gouyave.

Ayanna Lee

“Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.”

If you are thinking like me, you've got to be thinking immediately about George Zimmerman's current plight.

In an article written by Kerry Sanders and Tracy Connor of NBC News, it states:-
>>It was a rough day for George Zimmerman: His wife served him with divorce papers in jail, he was accused in court of choking his girlfriend and threatening suicide, and his lawyer revealed he’s $2.5 million in debt.<<

The article further states that Zimmerman's former wife, >>Shellie Zimmerman, through her attorney, released a statement saying she was "saddened" to hear of the latest news regarding her husband, "but unfortunately not surprised."<<

The article also tells the story about a call from Zimmerman's current girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe at her home in Apopka, Fla. where she is heard shouting at Zimmerman: “You just broke my glass table, you just broke my sunglasses, and you put your gun in my f------’ face, and told me to get the f--- out!”

She can then be heard pleading with Zimmerman to leave her house, before telling a dispatcher: “He just pushed me out of my house and locked me out!”

When asked what kind of weapon her boyfriend displayed, Scheibe said it was a “shotgun,” adding that “he has all of his guns inside, both the shotgun and his AR” (A-R 15 or Assault Rifle) as well as “two handguns.”

As usual Zimmerman denied the incidences in both above encounters and gave completely different versions of what he said actually took place. It was as though Shaggy was right there beside him reminding him that no matter how glaring the evidences are, always say "It wasn't me." Or was he listening to Sparrow's explanation that the "Two thousand dollars ah give to she, Was to buy a sandwich and a coffee?" Oh yes!!

And so it was when he killed Trayvon Martin. Unlike that episode, this time Mr. George Zimmerman will be facing live plaintiffs. We'll see if the "jurors" will find him "not guilty" once again because he appears to be a reputable man.

Among the many stories with deep morals that our grannies used to tell us were:-

- It go come back to haunt you.
- What goes around has a way of coming around.
- What sweet in goat mouth go sour in his pants.
- Life can be a ******

George Zimmerman is now finding out the truth of those wise sayings that those simple folks told us a long, long time ago!! Or as the above poem warns "Thief, you have been warned, beware Of finding more than treasure there."