Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THEY WERE THE ACROBATS IN GOUYAVE!!!

oH YEA ,remember this story to well,the boys were always polite and respectable whenever you visited teacher Molly ,and the likes of teacher Daisy,Teacher Miriam Roden etc.those were very outstanding Teachers

Re: THEY WERE THE ACROBATS IN GOUYAVE!!!

There's no incredulity in my mind that you're a Gouyaverian. But, still, I am not cognizant with the name, "Akada." You are knowledgeable about many aspects of Gouyave, and I wondered why haven't you decided yet, to share it with us. Many stories about Gouyave have already been told, but many more are yet to be told. One man alone cannot remember all the stories about Gouyave. That's where your sharing of Gouyave and the wonderful things about her could take us back in time. And, giving us a hint of who you are, wouldn't hurt your identity in one way, or the other. Still, I am not puzzled, if you'll continue to keep your identity a secret. It's all good, by me.

Your mention of teacher "Miriam Roden" doesn't tell me who she was. I just don't remember her. But, I remember the Roden family from Douglaston, which has been the only Rodens I knew in St. John's.

The only teacher from Douglaston that I remember well is, teacher Pansy DaBreo (sp). She became a nurse, after her teaching career was over. I think that Pansy was a sister to Domingo, a famous tailor from Douglaston, and wife of a Louisan man, from Southern (Grand Roy, or Concord) St. John's.

Thanks jasmine banfield my mom i would ask her

thanks for info i will ask my mom