Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: People will wonder why.

Amen and Praise the Lord, for Brother DeRiggs scampering efforts to purchase his fish for his broth at the local shop (praise the Lord the shop was not too far from his home!!), and being a very brave 'soldier'(remember Kipling, if you can keep your head...) and not taking to the high woods, in this 'super minus' freezing weather. I enjoy the Keat's quote....

Reading the online USA/Canada ‘artic’ start to the winter season, what comes to mind? This is what came to my mind, when I read about negative temperatures readings, with one post author stating …. Maryland, -12 wind speed. I saw an online clip of a town call Hell in Michigan, where the snow plough on its way to rescue folks fell prey to the severe weather!!

When I was a pupil at junior school, the teacher mentioned, that liquid water at 0 or below will become ice - (Meant nothing to me a tropical, bright little girl, as the warm, humid island breeze blew into the ‘I can hear a pin drop’ classroom open windows, with the tall coconut trees in the distance swaying, and - ice was only seen in our jug of our Sunday lime juice!
- as I cast my eyes away from the blackboard with its lengthy long division sum in progress, to gaze on the aqua blue Caribbean sea with a whiter than white yacht cruising along. I was more interested in how the ‘boat’ remained afloat on the water, (got the strap for that – as when asked to continue the workings, I took a few minutes (my intermittent duration was too long for the deputy Headteacher) to work out what the previous pupil did during the never ending long division sum calculation! – with the tears zooming out of my eyes at nearly boiling point!!!)

Later on, much later in a hands-on European mathematics lesson – algebra graph functions, I remember after calculating the plotting data, some of the figures for both x and y axis were negative, I liked graph plotting and plotted my graph to perfection, taking account of extending the straight line for extrapolation purposes – this to me was just a graph plotting activity for examination purposes only, no connection was made with these negative figures outside of mathematics, but I do think I remember a teacher saying something about ‘inside of the freezer’. Now, I can understand why the educators, want connections to me made outside of the subject area, so I suppose the teacher should have informed the class that some countries at times experience minus degrees temperatures. However, I thank God for my lovely teachers who taught me with strict corrective measures of discipline, mixed in with tinges of community love, high regard for each pupil, tenderness, gentleness and great patience.

Just taking a small synopsis snapshot, of Brother DeRiggs post which make references to sudden global meteorological changes, as we may know, God is a God of 'sudden plummeting/escalating' changes too, he takes people from little known to well known; he turns gentle streams into raging rivers! And now I see those born in say 30 degrees Celsius tropical heat, trying to cope with ‘super sub zero' temperatures! - those who once looked forward or pined for, or even paid for having some ice chunks in their jug of lime juice now faced with ice/snow storms! May God help us all!

May the Good All-knowing Lord give all USA forum post authors, and our extended global community, complete rest on every side as 2014 gets underway. Keep warm and do not forget that ginger tea with a little brown sugar! And your cornmeal porridge! and some peppermints - and most importantly, Study your Head! – for an enhancement and advancement of your severe weather coping skills - now I understand why my Grandmother use to dry the peel of the lime/orange, leave it hanging up in the kitchen to make tea during heavy raining no gardening days!

Will keep you all in my prayers, remembering that we are all in the Hands of our Maker. And Finally, Brother DeWiggs take care if venturing out to get some ginger!! Keep Warm and brave!