Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OBEDIAH, AND MR. JIM!!! CORRECTIONS & UPDATES

Mona's name had slipped completely, out of my mine. But, her face couldn't elude me. She was such a quiet, and soft spoken person.

I read about Trevor Adams quite a few times. I knew him as a young lad. It never cross my mine, that he's Mona's son.

Your knowledge of Gouyave and her people is definitely a great one!

Thank you!

It's not so much that my "knowledge of Gouyave and her people is definitely a great one!" It is much more because those folks you are talking about are my close relatives.

That's understandable. I must say that "Gogouyave" caused a lot of 'cats to come out of the bag'. I mean it helped things to come to perspective. And, still, there's a lot of more things about Gouyave that I never heard about.

Hopefully, someone will tell their stories about Gouyave someday, for the sake of the young generation especially.

Gents, Great dialogue about the wonderful people mentioned in this posting. Most notable, Ms Georgina (RIP) my beloved great grand mother, Miss Idora (RIP) my beloved great grand aunt and my mother who resides in St. Croix. I maybe wrong but I recalled Mr Obediah the street cleaner. I never knew him to ride bicycles or working in any other capacity however, I thought he was the father of two or three girls about my age or younger while I was a young boy in Gouyave.

Folks like Ms. Ggeorgina, and Obediah, and Ms. Idora, that gave Gouyave its shape and form. Most of them are now deceased, but the names and good deeds are still here with us. They were great villagers,who had helped raised almost every child in Gouyave. The mark they left behind are the ones that makes us what we are today. It's a shame that those who came after us can't see the ways of yesterday's people. And, tomorrow's children will be further away from it yet.

I don't recall Obediah having chidren in Gouyave; nor beyond it, but I've heard recently,about his granddaughter, Leesha (sp), who've done well with her CXE exam, and will be attending The St. George's School of Medicine, at age 17.

Let's keep the Gouyave Light burning! It can only do us good!