Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IS HE OUT OF HIS ELEMENT?

Imagine that you are from a tropical island, where winter is nowhere to be found, then you move to a country, where winter jackets, and gloves, and winter hats and mittens, and ear muff are used during the Winter Seasons. You missed the warmth of your island, the fun in the sun, and that'll leave you out of your element. For many white folks in America, President Barack Obama is out of his element right now!

In a recent interview, President Barack Obama said, "Some people really dislikes me, because I am black." I didn't know what to make out of his statement, as I'd thought that this black and white philosophy was a thing of the past. Or only a small pocket of it still exist among us. Actually.

If President Barack Obama sees that some people dislikes him, because he's black, he must've known exactly what he was talking about.

Obama should have, by now, ride over the bumps in the road, and enjoy living in the Oval Office, as a black man. After all, he's the elected President of The United States of America! And, in his time, things were different than the crucial days, that'd ruled most of the Southern States, mostly in the era of the 'Civil War'.

During the the Civil War, the Oval Office was not a line meant to be crossed by a black man. In fact, this thought of a bkack man occupying the White House was not entertained by a black person in the United States of America, given the way of how life was for them. Martin Luther King had a dream; without much means to make it turn into a reality. It took more than two hundred years to dismantle the chains (and bring light to MLK's dream), that had barricaded a black man from becoming President of the United States. After Barack Obama won the General Elections in 2008, that gave hope that the racial tension in America was over, and done with for good.

But Mr. Obama's recent comment on some people disliking him, has shone new light on the hatred that exist for black, by some white folks. This hatred for Barack was captured in the General Elections in 2012.

Although Obama was again selected to be Commander-in-Chief for another four years, most of the white Americans didn't vote for him. That told me that Obama was voted in office, as a black man, to coer up the woes and bad image that George W. Bush had laid on America in the keen eyes of the world. Obama inherited a complete mess and, so far, has done all he could to shape America.back to what and how She's viewed by the entire world. Now it seems that Obama is loved by the rest of the world, more than he's loved by America.

I was listening to 77WABC, a radio station that have talk show hosts like Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Whawn Hannity (sp), Rush Linburgh, and a few others like Don Imus. They never have any good things to say about the President. In fact, they hate the ground that Obama walks on! For them, Mr. Obama's wrong with everything he do. They see Obama as being "out of his element", because living in the White House shouldn't be attainable for a bkack man. But, who God bless, no man curse!

With Mr. Obama's sharpness in seeing things clearly, he's on his way to have his own history books, all by himself. He feels strong about being out of his element a good way for white folks to see things right, and accept the things they cannot change.

Re: IS HE OUT OF HIS ELEMENT?

DNJ,

President Obama is a complex and intelligent individual who harbors in a stratosphere, way above the heads of most individuals.

The strength of that complexity can be found in his simplicity and that is where most people get confused into believing that they are on par with his level.
We are fortunate to have a Black man of his caliber as our President, even though his mere presence is contemptuous to most of his political adversaries.

We are living in an era where many still believe that the color of one's skin bears heavily on one's perceived ability to perform, while others set low expectations for themselves and expect others to follow suite . The POTUS has no such short-commings and seems to have an innate sense of self that most would have difficulty opperating with if placed in this position.

I do not know of any other President who can attest to having delt with being in this most un/enviable position, hence we do not have a yard stick for which to measure him by. But the one thing I do know is few could have risen to the height of his accomplishment while simultaneously enduring the vitriolic hatred and the political sabotaging by one quarter of the government (The House).

I have stated it before that the President, by his existence has hurt his haters psychies down to their very core and has returned the insult to their Grandfather by making them realize the error in their belief. It is latter that continues to haunt them.

The POTUS is always cognizant of his haters because he understands the etiology of that diseas. It is one that lays dormant while infesting the individual from within. But sooner or later, it bears it's ugly head to remind everyone of its contagiousness.

Obama is one of the most suitable individuals for not playing the race card. Because he recognizes that it won't lead to a better life. It's amazing how the liberals view him, as being 'out of touch with reality' when, in fact, there's no evidence to prove it. The Republican liberals also see Obama as an enemy of Israel, instead of The Islamic State of Iran, because he gave Iran the benefit of the doubt, and diplomacy a fair chance to work.

These liberals are educated men and women, who thinks that they know everything, but they know nothing at all.Some of the liberals deemed President Obama as a "Maxist", who is doing to America as the Castro brothers, and Hugo Chávez had done to Venezuela and Cuba respectively. They're all over the place, with their analysis of Obama; They likened him unto Lenin, the Russian dictator. Men like Michael Savage, and Chris Matthews are Republicans, who doesn't believe that the job of the Commander-in-Chief is a strenuous one. It's a job that'll leave some people dissatisfied with the job, when it's being done. They actually want to draw blood from a stone. But, that's the way of a politician, who's a liberal!

Geraldo Rivera, as a liberal, was critical about seeing Obama fail as President of the United States. Lately, I've heard him saying that he wants Obama to succeed, "because when the Presidentsucceeds, the American people succeed." That should be the basis of the argument, that makes people work together rather than tearing apart the approaching of one, who is committed to do good for the benefit of a country on the whole.

Leadership under pressure isn't a good thing. President Obama hasn't fallen into that pressure trap, because his legacy depends on getting his work done right. The Republican-led House of Representatives don't look for solutions to America's problems; they just want to see Barack Obama fail, as President of the United States. The Rupublicans won't give the AffordableCare Act a chance to work. They've threatened to repel it. The liberals again portrayed themselves to be compassionate when if fact they're intolerable. They're trying to devastate Obama, because they don't like his politics.

It's the left verses the right. A fight that will yield no clear-cut winner in it.

Thank God for giving America a black man for its president. It's an opened way for mmore balack people to follow behind Barack Obama. Jessie Jackson was swallow up rapidly in his bids to be as Obama. He became less and less invigorated, and gave up after a few years of trying to be living in the White House. But Barack Obama had known his rivals well, and he's using his education and knowledge to conquer them. Yes, Obama is triumphant over them, in midst of his adversaries, and their misjudgment of his ability to rule America, like no other president did.

Re: IS HE OUT OF HIS ELEMENT? Correction

The calling of Michael Savage and the others whose names were mentioned here, "liberals" was a mistake. What they are is, independant conversitives. Really! What they haven't realise yet, is that life's too short to be so hard on yourselves! Putting all politics asise.

"Although Obama was again selected to be Commander-in-Chief for another four years, most of the white Americans didn't vote for him"

America is 76.6 percent white, yet a black man is president, so where is the extreme racism you people keep talking about? If it was the other way around, a white man could have never been president of the united states.

Obama got 52-53 percent of the total votes, which means he got about 30 percent of the white votes while Romney got about 46 percent. The majority of the minority votes went to Obama, with blacks voting about 94% for Obama, so where does the extreme racism lies?

Most of the whites who chose not to vote for Obama, may not have been because of his color, because the majority of them are conservatives like me. People who believes in decency, good morals, respect and a decent lifestyle. I did not vote for Obama, and will never vote for the democratic party, because they support everything that is immoral, indecent , nasty and destructive to society. The support homosexuality,most nasty thing in the world, Gambling, prostitution,now they trying to legalize marijuana in ever state in the united states, and the president telling people marijuana is not as bad as alcohol. This is the most irresponsible statement i heard from a leader in a long time. What he did there, was giving kids the ok to smoke more marijuana and those who never did to start. If anyone thinks that marijuana is not that bad, then he is a bloody fool or senile from smoking it.

America will soon become a nation of dope heads and unproductive people. Already we have 60 million people on welfare in this country, people who don't want to work, who think the government should take care of them, and by the end of Obama term will be close to 100 million. I maintain everyday, that the democratic party is destroying blacks rather than helping them. They encourage them to be on welfare from generation to generation and in the process creating a set of worthless kids, with no ambition but to follow in their parents footsteps, because they are getting free money. And they do all that, for one simple reason to get their votes on election day. They know that these are votes they will always have. My take on welfare is that it should only be for one year, during that time, you will be retrained to go back out and get a job.

We have some black leaders, they are the worst i have even seen, they just wait until someone with a different skin color to do something to a black person, so they could be out on the street. In the meantime blacks killing each other every minute and nothing is been said about it. They have this game knock out where you walk up to someone and just knock them out for no reason at all, couple years ago, they were running into stores and grabbing things and running away, yet you have not heard not one black leader except bill Cosby asking them to stop, not the AL Sharpton, or the Jesse Jackson or the president, who is the head of the black family right now. And you know why? because they are afraid of losing the black youth vote, they rather destroy you and have you, than educate you and loose you.Here in this country, we have black history month, Spanish heritage day/ month ect. to celebrate their history, can you imagine if the white people decide to have Caucasian month to celebrate their history? lol man all hell would break loose in this country.

OBSERVER, I do not participate in political statements on this forum. Politics are not my main concern, unless it's interesting to me. Why are you making these statements unless you have lived it? Politics and religion does not mix, they are like oil and water. Let me fill you in on somethings that you may not know. When I was growing in gouyave there were prostitution, homosexuality, religious division, light skin blacks and dark skin blacks. If you were light skin you had all the opportunities, if you were dark skin you were miss or mr so and so black boy or girl. Do you know that everyone of us are decendants of all of the above? There were too many secrets. Have you ever lived in the Southern part of the USA. Do you know that you can still find Black and white cemetery. Do you know why and how the welfare system was originated? We came to this country to live in this country. Some of us are fortunate to make a better life and some of us unfortunately didn't make it. Alcohol is (one) of the worst substance abuse. I have seen all my life what alcohol can do to a person's life if he/she has no control. How many times have you been home and the first thing someone will offer you (girl/man come and have a drink nah)before they offer you a fish broth, even when you offer to pay for it. Your political opinions are your own. You have the right to choose. LIVE ONE DAY IN THE LIVES OF THESE PEOPLE.

Observer, you've made some very valid points. There is no way that Barack Obama could have been our president on two separate occasions if a sizeable percentage of White people did not vote for him. To say otherwise is to deny an indisputable fact.

But does that mean that his ascendancy to the presidency indicates the end of racism in America? I doubt anyone will be naïve enough to say yes.

>>Most of the whites who chose not to vote for Obama, may not have been because of his color, because the majority of them are conservatives like me. People who believes in decency, good morals, respect and a decent lifestyle.<<
Some very well might have done so, but should I assume that their choice of Mitt Romney over Obama says that they were voting for a person "who believes in decency, good morals, respect and a decent lifestyle?" Remember that we are speaking about Mitt Romney!
Should I also assume that those conservative voters are themselves people who actually believe in "decency, good morals, respect and a decent lifestyle?" How come some of them like Bernie Madoff and the Enron guys have ended up in jail? How come some Republicans and some Democrats too, have been caught in homosexual acts? How come the Republican governor of North Carolina while in office and married to his wife, went all the way to Argentina to meet his girl friend? And how come so many conservatives cannot accept the peoples' choice of Barack Obama as the POTUS? Where is the respect in them that you are speaking of?
America's problems are many, but they are not coming from only one source as your post seem to be indicating.

I most certainly share your disdain for "homosexuality,most nasty thing in the world, Gambling, prostitution,now they trying to legalize marijuana in ever state in the united states, and the president telling people marijuana is not as bad as alcohol." But let us not forget that those same problems exist the world over and are not exclusive to the United States. Some of the most highly respected ancient Greek and Roman philosophers were themselves homosexuals too, and lest we forget Mary Magdalene disbanded her prostitute ways to follow Jesus. I don't think the Democrats and President Obama were around to be blamed for those indiscretions.

History also remind us that during Prohibition, American society viewed alcohol as contemptuously as we view marijuana today. The changing of the times often have a way of putting things that were once regarded as disdainful into a new profile to make it acceptable. That's why alcohol today can be bought as commonly as a soda, and may well be the reason why there are so many sophisticated drunks behind closed doors as well as common drunks on the streets.

Observer, no one party is solely responsible for the changes occurring in America. Maybe one more than the other is more likely to be tolerant of what is deemed "deviant." But make no mistake about it, both parties share the blame.
All I can say is that it is indeed a very heavy price to pay as America tries its darndest to be more tolerant and accepting of peoples of different color, religious views, sexual prefernces, and the host of other differences that human beings have been "cursed" with. That is except those conservatives who think they are the gate-keepers of a "good" society in which there is no prostitution, alcoholics, and dare I say racism!

Maybe it won't be a bad idea if conservatives try walking in another man's shoe as Merle Edmund advised in her post before demeaning others having contrary views.

An extreme conversative is what you wanted to say. Is that true?

While you may argue that "welfare" is a way for political parties to collect votes from potential voters, it is not exclusive to the Democratic Party. The Republican Party also uses this strategy, to win votes across the spectrum. The Welfare System is being used by white people also. Since that there's more white than black people in America, it leaves me to believe that the number of white people who's on welfare is more, or equals the number of black folks, who lives on the Welfare System. Poeple are lazy, by nature; They like hand-outs! For them, living on welfare is far a better thing to do, than waking up every Monday thru Saturday mornings to go to work.

Still, though, some people has a legitimate reason to be on welfare. TheJewish people have their own monopoly, and,still, many of them are on welfare too. So, when you had pointed to the black folks as freeloaders, it was a strong reflection of how the Slave Trade had damaged our integrity, to the point where better can't be done,so let worst continue. Especially in these hard economic times!

The economy of The United States of America is getting stronger, bit by bit. But that doesn't give the black man a fair shot at gaining much from it. First of all, money goes where money is; it's boundaries.

The mind of the extreme conversatives is unbelievable. It's interesting to know how one can live by his convictions, when many people are going to bed hungry at night. The extreme conversatives are people who wants the poor man to pull the Devil, by his tail, to get.their way through times like these. Instead of using the channels that are available to them, to get food for themselves and their children.

Don't forget. The black man is living in a strange land. He'll never fully comprehend the ways of his new home, which was given to him by force. It part of our history that had been swept under the rug, while we try to accept the things we can hardly change. We've to live with the racism, bigotry, and everything else that wasn't part of our African culture. Like it, or not, the black folks will never be seen as a complete human being, by most of their white counterparts. Remember, a smile at you doesn't signify likeness for you. Sometimes, it's the opposite way, because the end justifies the means.

President Barack Obama recognized that racism is well and alive in the United States. He lived it before, and he's living it today. If he was depending on the white lpeople's votes, he would've not won a second term to be President of America. Lately, his standing among the white folks is at the lowest ever: much lower than any other president in the American political history. That ought to tell you something about how much Obama is loved, by the white folks.

About the marijuana, it is bad, but not as bad as alcohol. A chronic alcohol drinker has a face that tells you he's an excessive alcohol beverage drinker. On the other hand, a marijuana smoker maintains a normal face. A marijuana smoker doesn't stagger about in the streets; he can walk in a straight line, jif challenged by some in law enforcement. No one can make another person do what they don't want to do. In these days, kids pick up vibes from the television, radio, and from their peers. Hardly do I think that Mr. Obama's take on marijuana could affect any child, as the media protrayed it to be.

Marijuana came directly from a plant; it cannot be that dangerous, because it's not brewed in large nor small barrels in a factory.

Don't vote Republican. Right now, the Republican Party is ccompletely out of sync with the American people, because they don't have a leader in John Boehner. Besides, the Republican needs a new party, to meaningfully win over the White House any time soon.

>>It's interesting to know how one can live by his convictions, when many people are going to bed hungry at night.<<

DNJ, in that observation you've summed up the essential difference between the Democratic and Republican responses regarding the plight of the poor and politics in general.

Just like you and, I suppose the majority of people, I hate to see folks sitting on their rear end doing nothing and expect a hand out from the government. Indeed it's no different from going home on vacation and there are the limers expecting the JCBs to give them a dollar or more likely, buy them a drink. You may abhor it as much as you want, but if you were to step back for a minute and ask where or how can these people earn a dollar, you'll at least have to develop some sympathy for their dilemma. Man, there are always some who will have a hard time making ends meet.
As the saying goes, "there goes I but for the grace of God" (correct me if I state it incorrectly). Not everyone is going to make it regardless of which society we live in. Should we just ignore those unfortunate ones and expect them to "pull the Devil, by his tail, to get.their way through times like these?" And when they cannot make it, should we simply leave them to languish and rot if it comes to that?
During the last presidential campaign, I was shocked when I heard in a Republican town meeting, people answering yes to the above questions. How heartless! That's the logic of the survival of the fittest principle I find very difficult to swallow.

Now there is no doubt that there are some who would rather milk those social programs for as much as they could instead of helping themselves; but to assume everyone does that especially Black people, is being ludicrous. You have correctly pointed out that there are more Whites than Blacks on welfare despite the impression the conservatives try to portray. But we know that they'll continue to resort to using the boogeyman portrayal because it is so much easier to identify and categorize a Black person rather than trying to identify which White person is also on the dole.

I sometimes wonder if there is not a middle ground upon which a third party could build. Make no mistake about it as Observer pointed out, the Democrats do capitalize on the plight of the poor to ensure a voting block, but the Republicans likewise do use the hatred for the poor to similarly ensure their voting block. Won't it therefore make sense to have that third party that would give encouragement to folks to pull themselves up by their boot straps, and yet be willing to reach out to those who will always have a problem regardless of how hard they try?

DNJ, just maybe, it might be able to tie the two principles of rugged individualism and my brother's keeper together, and rescue America from the two separate societies that it is plagued with.

My take.

To discuss the ramifications of the poor man's plight, I must start with that it's based on human error. According to Genesis, in the Holy Bible, God made man, and gave him herbs to eat as meat. Everything was there for man's survival, but he deviated from it, by his own choice. Man left Paradise, and ran after toiling in the sun, to eat bread. For His action, for which there was no clemency; but punishment for violating the secrets that he'd agreed to. This had been the fate of man, after he'd fallen from grace.

Down throughout the ages, there has been different class of people. They're the first and second class,.according to society. The Democratic Party deals all class of folks, while The Republican Party deals with the first class people mostly. I think that the way the Democratic Party is being viewed, is because they concentrate heavily of their domestic issues. But, the Republican Party's concentration is heavily placed on National Interest. There a vast difference between the Democratic ans the Republican Party. The only thing they have in common the seeking of votes on any General Elections Day! With the Democratic Party, you can have some food on your table, and with the Republican Party, you have to eat the crumbs that fell off the table.

For some people, suffering is all they know. It may not be any fault of theirs, but life is made this way for them. Others are responsible for their demise, because of wasted years they spent doing nothing that was worth the while. These are the people who looks out to rob and kill for want of food,.and money to support their drug habit. Although the sufferers of the times need help, one has to be careful, when it comes to giving cash to them. They usually use any money to do other things than what they had asked for the money to do. They rather burn up any money they come across in drugs and unlawful things.

With that, the suffering of those people who are down and out cannot be permanently eradicated. Some will have enough to spare; others won't have anything at all. If the need comes our way to help someone,.we should do it without much questions for its reason.

It's a blessing to look down on someone, with intentions to pick him up.