Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FOOTBALL

PROFESSIONAL Soccer player JASON ROBERTS who plays for Reading soccer CLUB IN THE UK, and who Represented GRENADA in International Matches,HAS RETIRED FROM INTERNATIONAL SOCCER,due to injuries, SADLY MISSED, ONCE scored 2 goals for grenada in the 2010 WORLD CUP QUALIFYER AGAINST costa rica,( HOPE YOUR INJURIES CAN HEAL,SO U CAN PROLONG YOUR PLAYING CAREER) GOOD LUCK JASON.

Re: FOOTBALL

Yes Melo, sad to see him go. But he has had a successful career playing for several English teams at the highest level of the game. I saw him play at Brentford in the summer in an annual charity game between English-Caribbean players and English-African players.

Although his professional career started late (he played with Hayes Town up to 1997) he fought his was up to the highest level and can be proud of his achievements. I am sure that his final team Reading who are now in the play-off position in the English Championship will miss his talents as the try to gain promotion to the Premiership.

At 36 years old it must be hard to battle for fitness and hold on to a first team place. He is an excellent ambassador in football for Grenada and a model black player whose voice is strong and positive in the fight against racism in the game.

Perhaps he will continue to use his talents in some area in the game in future.

I wish him well