Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2nd Reopening

It's good to see that the Talkshop has reopened once more. It has been like a Gouyave "Facebook" to Gouyave people throughout the diaspora. But I'm wondering though if it will continue to be used and visited for that matter to the same extent as before. You may recall that after the first long-term shut down, quite a number of well-known posters never came back when it was reopened. I have a feeling that the same thing may again happen with even greater drop-outs this time.
Good luck anyway!

Re: 2nd Reopening

HEY TONY u hit d nail flush on d head LOL,but I have hope that mr.BRANGO will still surface its head from time to time, HOPE,

I the survival of the Talkshop relies heavily on the level of maturity excise when one decides to engage in conversations.I think with a little respect for each other's views regardless of whether we agree or not is paramount without exercising arrogance and disrespect in our rebuttals.

For those of us who engage in the use of "flattening" responses, we should at least feel comfortable with its use and with the assurance that it would not be misconstrued as disrespectful, in other words, one should always err on the side of respect first. That does not mean we have to lose our sense of humor in any way as long as we feel comfortable with our debator.

I have every confidence that the talkshop would survive with the old talkshoppers eventually returning.
I will also use this opportunity to incourage Mango Dog, LBM (young Lion), Downstreet, Lyinka(after confession and with the appropriate pennance....Lol),Teacher Yep and in particular, Lady Genieve to return.

Vl

As indicated before, the closing down of the talkshop was as a result of persistent attacks by spammer posting all kind of sexually graphic and websites on the talkshop.

I was difficult managing such attack from Cuba where i now resides. I am back home for awhile so i can better manage the content. again. happy posting

Hi Artie, you did what you thought was best to do. I have no problem with that. My main concern remains in whether the long shut down of the TalkShop will result in a similar withdrawal by some posters and perhaps readers as they did after the first shut-down. Look how many posters never came back!! Of course it's hard to tell if there was a similar exodus of readers too.

Like Vernon, I pray that our people won't be so short-sighted in not seeing and appreciating the value of this site. You are a blessing to Gouyave and its people. I hope they recognize and appreciate your value. Of course I wish that all the names that Vernon mentioned will come back and make the TalkShop the vibrant community medium it used to be. It should be a model to other Grenadians. But some of us are so easy to cast out the "baby with the bathtub" that I fear they may just do that again.

Regardless, continue to be of service to our people.