Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: the Passing of a frequent poster on this forum

Rest in peace uncle Nathan you will be miss.

So sorry to hear of the sad and untimely passing of DNJ. My condolences to his family, relatives and friends. May his Soul Rest In Peace.

LBM

DANIEL PASSED AWAY? ARE u all talkshoppers JOKING or what,i never heard he was not well,was only listening to his CD(RAZOREDGE SO RIGHT) on SATURDAY which he released in 2010,He posted a copy to me,I never heard he was ill or what,WELL its a small world,WELL DNJ where ever u are,REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND, AND condolence goes out to FRIENDS AND FAMILY,

My sincere condolences to DNJ's family, his friends, and other gogouyave.com Talkshoppers. Rest in peace, DNJ!

To The family of DNJ,
please accept my condolence.
RIP DNJ

It is indeed with a sense of sorrow that we all feel upon learning of the passing of our DNJ "the mainstay of gogouyave talkshop" who had grown to become a prolific poster and an admirer of many, myself included. He brought to the shop a level of creativity in his story-writing style that made us all remeniness of our childhood days; sometimes with a smile, at other times leaving us bewildered and in a state of awe.

DNJ was a true Gouyaveman in every sense of the word. He was never afraid to think and be challenged and saw it as the impetus to enhance his learning. One could have felt his growth, both in understanding the topic he was writing about and in his style. Surely, he took his lumps but his "sticktoitability" always bought him back; apologizing when he had too and holding true to his opinion when necessary.

We will miss him dearly as he travels to the great beyond.

Condolences to his family

VJL

Sad

I was praying that it would be just another rumor when someone asked if I heard the story of DNJ's passing. I didn't believe it because I was awaiting a response from him after our last conversation. But then again I was likewise awaiting a response from Alston "Bomb" Boyke, and my wife's uncle only to hear instead of their sudden deaths.

The first time I met Daniel was at the launching of a PLACE CALLED GOUYAVE in Brooklyn. I felt an instant connection with him probably because I knew his family and even more so because his elder brother Kent, was one of my favorite pupils in the RC school many moons ago.
As we know, Daniel posted profusely on this Talkshop. He made many outlandish statements and sometimes provoked strong reactions from many of us, myself included. But no one could deny that his heart was always in the right place. Instead of puffing and huffing, he used many of the criticisms to improve his writing. His appraisal of Sue-Wee will always be one of my favorite posts.

DNJ will be sorely missed on this Talkshop. His and Gouyaveman's banter was always a gem. My sincere condolences go out to his sisters Dianne, Wistel, as well as the rest of the family with whom I'm not acquainted. May he rest in peace.

To the Family of DNJ, my sincere Condolences. Well, we had our agreements, and our disagreements, here on talkshop, but it was all in good Faith... May his Soul Rest In Peace.

RIP my nephew Alexander Hosten also know "kingman" and my sincere condolences to DNJ family..

I've been trying to post since the week-end, but for some reason it does not seem to be going through. Just wanted to extend my condolences to the family and friends of DNJ, especially his uncle Rawlyns. I do not know the others. It came as quite a shock to me when I received the news on Saturday. We had our ups and downs, but in times like these, misunderstandings does not seem that important. One thing I can say about him, is that he had staying power. I've never seen one individual take so much licks and bounce back. At times he was running the TS all by himself. Good bad or otherwise, u did make an impact on our lives. And to this I say R.I.P DNJ.

Extending condolence to the family of DNJ - He was a "stalwart" of the Gogouyave forum. Undoubtedly his contributions to the talkshop will be missed. RIP

It is sad indeed to learn of DNJ's death. He will be missed by all of us here on this talkshop both for his generation of interesting topics and for his responses to others.

His knowledge of Gouyave and it's people was detailed and his descriptions of local people and places were sufficiently colourful to match life in our Town. His unique turn of phrase often brought a smile to my face.

Whenever DNJ wrote something, I felt certain that he sincerely believed what he said and I will miss him for the honesty with which he expressed himself.

May he rest in peace