Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DNJ (RIP) : Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya!

As a fellow Grenadian, the passing of any islander, known or unknown, forum post author, or non forum post author, high office or non office, is always met with a percentage of what I would phrase and describe as 'island communal connectivity' grief. Exquisitely, based on the reflective fact, that Grenadians of a certain age, would have been bought up to aim for the higher ideals and gifts of life; (ideals which in this era maybe subject to combative forum debate) especially education, displaying of respect, travelling to new lands to seek and search for a seemingly better life based on a mixture of personal, social 'dream' expectation ideals, be it financial, emotional, etc and basically coping with whatever life threw along one’s path of the life journey. And for DNJ, the God given delicate and precious life, planned out journey path on this earth has ended, My sympathy to all who are mourning his passing from the earth - may you all be comforted.

So as our fellow ancestral ‘slaves’ of America would say or chant under the dark skies, under the hot sun rays of toil and sweat in the cotton fields … and as the Gouyave river continues to flow into the sea; the perpetual waves of the Gouyave beach continue to lash onto the sand; as the Gouyave fishermen brings in their catch, wash and repair their fishing nets; as the fresh fish fragrance diffuse into the Gouyave air and with gasping breath, the island of his birth, Grenada, too cries out and mourn for the passing of one of its beloved son.
I too say, with fellow Forum authors, joining, singing, humming …Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya, Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya, DNJ has died my Lord, Kumbaya, Oh Lord Kumbaya! Give him rest my Lord, Kumbaya, give him rest my Lord, oh Lord kumbaya. Amen.
(Amendments prompted by Lady G)

Best wishes to all fellow posters, may the Good Lord be our Shield, Our refuge at all times!