Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
His death may well be his way of reviving the Talkshop

Mr. Webmaster, I’ve been having a problem for quite a few days now in trying to post. The problem seems to be similar to what Lyinka mentioned. It would be much appreciated if that problem could be fixed.

Wow here is Yabbit, AM, Margaret(the sage one), Cecil, Leon(LBJ), Alban, Lady Genevieve and now Lyinka all joining with Melo, Vernon(Gouyaveman) and myself to pay our respects to Daniel "DNJ" Nathan Joseph. I've even seen similar respects to Daniel from Mickey Passee on Facebook. Wouldn't it be nice if that's an indication that we are on to something?

It was always Daniel's dream that the Talkshop would return to its glory days, and despite the deafening quiet of many former posters, DNJ remained faithful to his dream and kept on posting almost to the very end locking horns with Vernon.

DNJ rubbed many folks the wrong way. Some, me included, took issues with him on many of his outrageous statements. Some have even blamed him for the almost demise of the site. Rarely if at all was he upset with what he regarded as constructive criticisms. He always admitted that he was learning from those criticisms. No one, however, could deny that DNJ was a real Gouyave man in spirit as well as heart. No one could argue over his genuine desire that the Talkshop should always be a forum for us to interact with each other. Let us at this point remind ourselves that’s the reason why Arthur Hosten went through the trouble of designing it.

Now with the outpouring of farewells to DNJ, I am inviting all of you to go a step further and make his dream come true again. As strange as it may seem, his passing can very well be the catalyst to resuscitate the once vibrant GoGouyave Talkshop that was the envy of all other Grenadian Talkshops based on what I've heard people saying. Let’s make the revival of the Talkshop be our way of always remembering him whenever we participate on the posts. It’s likely that we’ll continue to have our good and not so good moments, but then again how does that differ from the Gouyave we grew up in? Let’s use the spirit of Lady Genevieve's last post "Kumbaya My Lord," to be our guide should we again be at loggerheads with each other. Hey, even close families do have those experiences but it does not stop them from relating to and loving each other.

In that way we will be giving real meaning to our farewells to Daniel DNJ Joseph.

Re: His death may well be his way of reviving the Talkshop

>>>>>>.......It was always Daniel's dream that the Talkshop would retiarn to its glory days, and despite the deafening quiet of many former posteimpersons, DNJ remained faithful to his dream and kept on posting almost to the very end locking horns with Vernon.....<<<<<<

As one who has faith that 'the glory days' of talkshop would eventually return, I am also cognoscent of the fact that there would always remain a sense of timidity among some posters. We should be reminded that the purpose of talkshop is to hold conversations. Surely there would be times of agreement and disagreement.....a learning moment, if you will but in the case of the latter, it should not be degraded to name-calling, insulting remarks and tey-bay.

For those of us who engage in the practice of "flattening", let us be mindful that it is important to gage your response well, so as not to sound condescending. Remember, this is an art of communicating in jest that is reserved for those with "thick skin" hence it may help if one personally knows the individual being communicated with.

With these little tips in mind, I am sure DNJ would be pleased that we have taken this precedented steps to endure the continuity of good communication on gogouyave talkshop. All we need now is an approval from our Lioness, Paulita before she enters hibernation for the winter.

Give us a roooooooar! Paulita

VJL

what do you all think about the ebola melee?

ONLY DNJ could have done that...........guys its good to see the vibrancy of the Talkshop again, as ole people used to say, all Zandolee *** out. As one poster noted, we may not all agree but we all have different viws which must be respected and defended. I Hope the dialogue continues...............in the spirit of DNJ.

For Talkshop users, i know u get problem with the image at the bottom as i do also but without this, the spammers will have a field day.