Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Futuristically swiped 'offline' : or futuristically swiping 'online'

Whilst listening to the world service radio a couple of days ago,in the Pacific region, I was rather intrigued by the news highlighting a programme about Cuba being 'offline', ie limited Internet facilities, only for the elite as the announcer stated. Woe and behold I missed the programme, but will catch up using the availability of any online resources, of course.

I do recall, a post from the Webmaster, Arthur, not sure, who is, or was, or resides in Cuba. So, can I call on Arthur to debrief me at least about 'Cuba being offline' - and when did our beloved Webmaster, Arthur became a member of the ' Cuban elite'? for example, is Havana, 'online' and other towns/villages 'offline'? Who better for me to call upon for an 'online' debrief, but a fellow countryman!

Whilst in London during the late summer months, I telephoned a family friend in Jamaica, she is 'offline'. During the conversation, I was informed that her grandneice wanted to know the birthday of the British Queen, a question which was inclusive in the grandneice homework - which one I enquired? And, surely the school must have at least one or two computers for the pupils to do this type of research? Library facilities? She is only 10 years old, came her reply. Anyway during the conversation, the answer for the homework was provided courtesy of a quick Ipad swipe by my own very 'futuristic finger swiping' neice. Should teachers 'stress' out a child, if no facilities are readily available for them to access homework required information? Are returnees to the Caribbean view as a British/or American educational resource? Be warned returnees or holiday makers - questions are coming, Mr So and So you have lived in America for a long time, what was the name of the fourth USA president? Miss So and So, you have lived in England for a long time, what was the name of Queen Victoria's first child?

Another question, how 'futuristic' is our Grenadian schools especially the primary sector in providing 'online services' during or after school time? Or is it still left to relatives abroad during these hard economic times to provide financial help towards getting family 'online'.
How 'futuristic' are forum authors in helping their children with their homework.... still relying on the textbooks, pen and paper for working out those mathematical equations... even how futuristic are forum authors, in helping non-futuristic friends/family members to get 'online'. All I can say, regardless of age or circumstances, try to maintain some momemtum in the 'futuristic elite' finger-swiping or non finger swiping earthly arena!