Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Got so boring

Arthur I understand and appreciate that you have to take security measures to protect the Talkshop from 'invaders', and my comments are not meant in any way to negatively criticize your efforts. I am very pleased that the site is up and running and is a source of vital information to us who are far from home.

May your efforts continue successfully.

Amen, Mangodog. Like you I understand Artie's position, but having to try and try, and try, and try without success to post can turn you off.

If this one makes it, I'll try again. Otherwise I'll be a reader only

Just keep trying! lol

Spamming can prove to be terrible. Some of the links sent over may be filled with malicious spyware or can just crash one's computer. Some of us may be wise enough to know not to click on the attached links but Arthur knows some may not and their computers can get infected hence the security factor. When the board gets filled up with spam it is very offputting as it is like trying to find one post inside of the spam. It must be very harassing to keep cleaning it up. If I have to post I don't find it too difficult to wade through the security factor.

Btw, I did not know for about two or three weeks that TS was up and running again until a "reader only" told me. I had become tired of checking only to find it was still down. Some may not even be aware that it is back up and running.

It has been some time, spam notwithstanding, that there has been a great flurry of activity on this site. I remember someone who never ever posts would always say that the board is boring. Basically my answer was so POST...posters are not there to entertain you, be a part of it and make it interesting then! LOL

Guys, i am not thin skin and took no offence. I am old enough to know that your expressions of concern it ONLY that. I know it can become frustrating to post but here is what i do, i do the letters as i see them, capital or common, in that way, it is easy or you can click "different image".

If any of you know of a easier forum format, send me a link and i could try it out and see if it will work for us.

cheers.

oh BTW, this is my 2nd attempt at posting, lol

AMEN LOL,i must say I have had no prob.whatsoever from posting where I am,or may be the good lord is overlooking my laptop,regarding the forum shutting down for a while I did understand the situation,so I was checking every day,cause I know it was a problem that Arthur had to resolve,glad its back,