Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve

Lady G,

Pardon me for the late response on this but when I saw your “Big Bam-Bam” post about a fortnight ago, I was frightened that my initial desire to tackle…. IT (the subject matter that is) may lead to yet another interruption of a giggle by Mangodog as he once again attend his Sunday worship at church with his Grandchildren. This of course, could have invoked the wrath of his Pastor for the disturbance, with his Grans inquiring about the uncharacteristic behavior of their Grandpa, notwithstanding my bailing him out in the past on a different subject matter.

And while I recognize that to tackle a post like this requires a careful synchronization between the parts of the Central Nervous System, a creative mind and a flowery writing style, I fear that to ignore it would be an act of complicity to a scare factor of the subject, hence I commend you for your brevity in showing your other side. Intentionally or not, it has served to stimulate conversations, particularly as it is in the interest of our Black women attributes and more specifically, as it addresses and places us in the most enviable role as the new "Black beholders".

But as the “shock and awe” of the Talkshop did not materialize to the level; enough to create any degradation to the character you portrayed in your post, (the good folks as they are) I then felt it safe to challenge it (again! the subject matter) now as I am assured that my good name and character would remain in tack and not be besmirched and degradingly mischaracterize as a “Salupue”.

My Good Lady, we seem to have entered an era where the concept of a re-definition of Art, beauty and culture have broadened beyond the threshold of what Western Europeans have always regarded as “the acceptable standards”. That acknowledgement has now permeated itself within the Black/African/Caribbean culture (with all its natural attributes, of course) where a re-visitation and challenge to the established status quo is paramount. The Big Bam-Bam has become an acceptance among some Black Women, as they see it as being “a gift from the Gods” as no doubt, he had molded some of them on a Sunday when we all thought he was at rest.

The Big Bam-Bam has evolved to take its rightful place as the visual representation of that Art.

This re-definition however, is nothing new because as one may recall, Leonardo Da Vinci had stunned the world when he painted the Mona Lisa at the dawn of the 16th. Century. A buxom, voluptuous rendition for its time, Leonardo had instilled in the minds of Art Collectors and Curators the standard for which all beauty must be gaged. It had prompted modern admirers of his work to regard it as …. “the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world.”

But the painting was not so much a focus on the complete silhouette of Mona Lisa because Leonardo was careful not to venture pass the hip but to create a perceptional illusion of just what lay beyond the waist line. Judging from the proportional dimensions of his painting however, one can imagine that Mona Lisa too, had to be bequeath by the blessings of the creator with an enlarged Gluteus Maximus.

So! Why then should our Black Women not realize that natural attribute and wear theirs as “their badge of honor”, particularly as it was endowed upon them through their African genealogical ancestry?

Looking beyond this rhetorical question, the answer lies in the archaic societal perception that an enlarged Bam-Bam (especially among Africans) had violated the established order of beauty which at the time was restricted within the narrow context of an anorexic framed body. As some of you may know, the French had no tolerance for that, so much so, that they envision a large woman as the epitome of their sexual conquest and did not hesitate to parade her for all to see, even though most of them were not well endowed and had their “short comings”…..another subject for another day.

Today’s Art has transitioned from that narrow frame of mind to incorporate the entire body, pointing to its curvaceousness, voluptuousness and the manner in which it is carried. The Black Women of today are becoming to realize that their comfort zone incorporates all these attributes. Their newly found acceptance of self, though physically large, is quite separate from their intellectual attributes and we are beginning to realize that a combination of both, is indeed an asset (in the true sense of the word) and a beauty to behold, not only by the possessor but by the ……..“Possessed”. The added benefit to those with gazing eyes, can now take comfort in assuring that it is in synch with their testosterone levels with an orderly appreciation for the new beauty and the power generated by the natural flirtatious movements of that muscle.

(Continuing in the next post)

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve

(Continuing from above)

And as we had learned that “beauty is the eyes of the beholder” We men (Blacks in particular and some daring Whites) have also changed our focus and accepted this new standard; cherishing this natural phenomenon that seems to have purposely awaken our spirit, despite our reluctance to mount a challenge. We are beginning to re-think what beauty is, not from the smallness of a "modulized optical illusionary concept of a woman" but rather, from the natural characteristics (big as they may be) that form her complete silhouette.

Our Caribbean community has always regarded and cherished the allure of the full-figured bodied of a Black Woman and the “machismic bravado” (hopefully, without the chauvinism) that goes with it. In fact, we have also become the “new beholders” while observing the standards of that “new beauty”.

They have indeed become our Black version of the Mona Lisa.

Yes, the big Bam-Bams have arisen.

VJL

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 1

Mr Man jus because is parang time yu doh have to go an call me name in tabay.

I thought that Gluteus Maximus was a Roman general in olden days.

This is a big subject. A big, big subject. If you collected all the varying facets of this subject and secured them in a bag they would surely cause melee. Imagine, they would be jumping up and down, bouncing off each other and generally making themselves a sight to behold.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 2

Leonardo's Mona Lisa? Well....have a look of some of the other masters' masterpieces. Titian, Rubens, Botticelli. When they painted women they produced images that were realistic. Women as they actually were. Not trimmed and glazed and mellowed and glossed.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 3

When God chose the camel to be the ship of the desert, he knew that it would need to carry extra quantities of water as it traversed the desert.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 4

So, he facilitated it's passage across the dry arid plains by providing the beast with 2 beautiful humps, planted prominently on it's back for all to see. We could see, identify and appreciate the camel because it's hump is not only functional but beautiful too.

Re: Tackling The Big Bam-Bam Post....Who Fraid Dat/Lady Genevieve 5

So when I see one of my sisters walking by suitably adorned by the Almighty himself, I nod in wondrous amazement, smile and understand that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.

>>>>>>>....Titian, Rubens, Botticelli. When they painted women they produced images that were realistic...<<<<<<

Mango,

I took the time to visit some the works of the Artists you mentioned above and indeed, theirs were a starked contrast to Leonardo’s, in that they were devoid of “the glossy finish” and unrealistic appearances. They still however, was lacking in notoriety as the Mona.

But your argument here is well grounded as the evidence cannot be refuted, especially by those with Eagle Eyes and keen observational skills like you.
But on the “bigger picture” here, I had some trouble understanding your logic and your point may beg for an intervention of some kind as the practicality you mentioned seems to violate every form of Physics that my grey matter would allow me to grasp. This may have been the reason why the Talkshop Police chose not to give you a “free pass without hindrance” like the Tit-te-ree had required hence the breaking up of your post into five sections…...LOL

Said you,>>>>>>…..he facilitated it's passage across the dry arid plains by providing the beast with 2 beautiful humps, planted prominently on it's back for all to see. We could see, identify and appreciate the camel because it's hump is not only functional but beautiful too……<<<<<

Dog!

Try as I may, (and with one of my Coakie-Eyes closed) I cannot see the significance of the Camel’s two Humps with the subject matter of Lady Genieve’s post. Maybe as it is hers we are speaking about, she can provide some clarity, being careful to place it within the physical context of space, matter and time?

But here is my line of thinking,

The Camel’s two Humps sit firmly on its back, giving comfort to the Rider to spread his legs and with a slight pivot in his back and thrusting forward motion! Instructs the beast to go forward or backward depending on the position he chooses. This “hirky-jerky motion” creates a rocking effect for the Ride thus allowing him to compensate by holding on tightly to the reins, as to fall from that height may cause severe damage to his person (being politically correct here).

How do you make a parallel with this method of Jockeying technique and relate it to any necessary skills required to mount a challenge on the subject matter?

I need help with this Mangodog, I need help real bad.

>>>How do you make a parallel with this method of Jockeying technique and relate it to any necessary skills required to mount a challenge on the subject matter?<<<

GM I think it is you who have made the comparison/parellel ! I didn't intend one. I can only summize that this interesting subject matter flooded your agile imagination with images of riding !!

I fear you may have added 1+1 and got 11. I will admit that my unusual approach to the discussion have not facilitated understanding.

Actually, I was merely trying to say that my view, ("view" being the defining word here) on the subject of our beautiful sisters being the proud owners of extraordinary glutii maximii (is that the plural of gluteous maximus ?) is one of appreciative observer.

I could see that Lady G's argument dealt with matters of style and fashion mores and sought to highlight something that was once frowned upon and is now proudly displayed.

I chose to personalize it. I chose to use a random animal namely, the camel, to illustrate my thoughts on the matter. Actually I was patting myself on the back for choosing such a distinctive animal.

I used the camel to point out that it has a body part which may be considered ugly by some but is in fact, as I have said before, "functional and beautiful" and therein lies the parallel, if indeed there is one.

The following is worth repeating:

>>>So when I see one of my sisters walking by, suitably adorned by the Almighty himself, I nod in wondrous amazement, smile and understand that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.<<<