Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mother Country : how 'bad' a 'mother' is a 'bad mother' ?

>>>>>>......Spotter is correct in saying that most Caribbean people are generally of a conservative nature. <<<<<<

I am willing to give him full credit for that observation but inasmuch as he/she had so badly defined conservatism by associating it with the vitriolic hatred coming from the likes of Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh, I would beg for a revisitation.

Spotter, this is an open invitation for you to come back and teach us something.
Trust me when I tell you "me head doh hard"

VJL

Re: Mother Country : how bad a 'mother' is a 'bad mother'

HEY LADY GENEVIEVE JOURDAINE,following your posts (ARE you speaking for all of US who came to the UK in the early years just like your parent,OR ARE you just SPEAKING about ONE SELF ( Only Asking Just A Simple YES OR NO is Satisfactory)

Mother Country : how bad a 'mother' is a 'bad mother'?

A pleasant Autumn season to you Melo - Just picking up on your spun thread, now, 'Mother' has taught me to avoid giving a respond with a yes or no, 'Mother' wants me to be impressive by putting all offered academic talents to good use, and would get cross if I answer yes or no - and I do not want to upset 'Mother'.

Some of the contents of my post was written from a personal sociological ethno perspective, but most it was based on my personal experiences inclusive of my father - No doubt you would agree, that it would be impossible or unfeasible for me to 'parle' (or write a post on behalf of the West Indian community who came to the Mother Country, after adults were invited to take up employment in factories, transport services and other employment sectors, to help build up the Mother Country!

Every man, woman, child (old enough of course) or family would have their own version of events with regard to providing their own answers to the question, with regard to Mother Country 'how bad a mother is a bad mother' .

On reflection, I will continue with my question, 'how bad a mother is a bad mother' - this mother had to pass laws so that 'black' colonial folks could be at least treated with some courtesy, not straight away, but when things were becoming unbearable for some of 'her bewildered colonial tropical step siblings' years down their journey line - at the time when my father and mother arrived in the 'hands' of Mother Country, they were deemed as black folks....years down the line, poor Mother Country had to make amendments via ethnic monitoring as to the classification of her colonial siblings - black Caribbean, black Other, black Commonwealth.

Poor 'Mother Country', is it because 'Mother' had no Father to help her - would the Caribbean folks had fared better if 'Mother Country' was deemed 'Father Country' - figuratively speaking, was Mother Country a 'single mother' by personal choice because Mother just wanted to rule the waves of her tropical ancestral siblings.