Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another dark cloudy day folks : but the 'saints' still go marching in.......

I was rather distressed for the gathered crowd, when I heard the news on the radio with regard to the legal outcome in Ferguson, USA. Once again, I felt a 'dark cloud hanging or lingering over my fellow black brothers and sisters' or put simply 'over us' - whoever 'us' may include, even more honestly, I felt 'a dark cloud orbiting over me' a feeling of solidarity with my fellow brothers and sisters - and that feeling is natural, as the Word tells us to pray for our brothers and sisters who are undergoing the same trials and sufferings, so as a child of God wonderfully and indescribable moulded and shaped by the Potter, the Creator of Mankind, the trials and sufferings characteristically will differ - but the solidarity to share the grief and sorrows remains communally intact.

The fallibility for justice at times is incomprehensible and at times isolating, to me, its a bit like the seeming invisibility never giving way to any signs of visibility.

My consolation was to put on a CD of our beloved, deceased brother Louis Armstrong and just hearing Louis trumpeting voice, as he instruct his fellow musicians to play their instruments, for the song 'Oh when the saints go marching in, I want to be in that number, oh when the Lord calls out the names, I want to be in that number, when the Lord calls out the names'... hearing Louis blast out this song, was enough encouragement for me to continue my daily tasks, and knowing that one day, all these 'dark clouds' will become obsolete from every black household where it continues to hang, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

And of course, I believe without a doubt, that Louis would know all about 'this dark cloud lingering over his USA fellow brothers and sisters', this very day, even the 'dark cloud I felt hanging over me', - and of course, he would be totally on our sides inclusive of all those 'downtrodden' cotton picking 'man made slaves' as they themselves go marching in....Amen Amen Selah.