Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carnival/Soca 2015 draft song : The sound of Carnival thunder! (Copyright)

Folks this song was written, based on the placard which stated 'Black lives matter'...... I can hear the steel pans....bring on the drummers......

1) The carnival has a magical power – to throw out peals of thunder
With a cry of temple power
Over the mighty waters - for everybody matters, even antiparticles matter (x2)
So drink your coconut water with its peals of power, For you matter, I matter, everybody matter.
(so) take the plunder,throw your powder over the mighty waters, for everybody matters, to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over, even ‘til ‘mas is over, everybody matter(x3)

2) Let me hear the carnival cry: everybody matter, you matter, I matter, even antiparticles matter.
Let me hear the sound of the carnival thunder - is it louder than the carnival cry… everybody matter, you matter, I matter. For everybody matter, even antiparticles matter.
So drink your coconut water with its peals of power, for everybody matter.(x2)everybody matter to roll the carnival over, even when 'mas is over, everybody matters.

3) The carnival has a magical power, to throw out peals of thunder, with a cry of temple power
For everybody matters, You matter, I matter, everybody matter
So let’s roll the carnival over, let’s roll the carnival over (X2)
Even when ‘mas is over, you matter, I matter, everybody matter, (x2)
So throw your powder over the mighty waters, and drink your coconut water with is peals of power,for even when ‘mas is over, everybody matter (x2)

4) Let me hear the sound of the carnival thunder, is it louder than the carnival cry, so let me hear the carnival cry: everybody matter, you matter, I matter, even antiparticles matter.
so drink your coconut water with its peals of power, and throw your powder, over the mighty waters, ‘cause you matter, even when ‘mas is over, you matter.
So, take the plunder, tell your neighbour, everybody matter,
Everybody matter .to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over
Even when ‘mas is over, even when ‘mas is over
everybody matters, everybody matters…even when ‘mas is over…everybody matters…

(COPYRIGHT – NO part of this 'draft' song to be used without permission from the writer/owner - Genevieve Jourdaine)

Re: Carnival/Soca 2015 draft song : The sound of Carnival thunder! (Copyright)

Well rounded you are dear dame.