Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Moving on from Mutha

Hey guys are you despairing.? No need for that. Political power lies in the hands of the people nothing to stop them from taking their hopes and aspirations to their representatives and urging them to use their good offices to help get things done.
Can't believe that the Gouyave Tough attitude of my youth has mellowed or even worse, Jellowed.
Sorry Vernon I have special connections to offer.

MS Edmonds, Gros Islet is a fishing village in St Lucia, much like Gouyave, which was transformed into a hip cool entertainment hangout 25 years ago, imagine taking fish friday expanding it with beachsde bars and restaurants and entertainment spots in aa safe environment.gL

Re: Moving on from Mutha

Downstreet, no disparaging on my part.

It is just that I have developed a low tolerance level for mediocrity and tend to call a Spade, a Spade and not a Shovel.

You see, I would have been fine, had it not been for those coakes I received in my head from Teachers Elcia Williams and Ronald Vincent. And despite all the formal training I had received, low tolerance remains my Achilles Heel.

But I am concerned of the Gouyave you remembered in your youth, because my conversations with some of Gouyave's senoirs indicate that government abandonment for our parish dates back to the reigns of Gairy right on up to now. Do you have a different experience in dealing with government you wish to share?

I have a few but it would not be in my interest to reveal them here.

I am aware of the protocol for seeking government intervention but it is in following this same protocol that things get bogged down in this convoluted bureaucracy that sometimes ignores the influence of even our own Parliamentary Representative. So I am all ears for an alternative approach that would yield a different result and who knows, may even help advance your proposals.

VJL