Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carnival/Soca song 2015 (second draft!) : Carnival thunder (copyright)

1) The carnival has a magical power – to throw out peals of thunder
To the cry of temple power, Over the mighty waters -
for everybody matters, you matter, I matter, everybody matter, even antiparticles matter
(so) take the plunder, drink your coconut water with its peals of power, and throw your powder over the mighty waters, for everybody matters, you matter, I matter, everybody matters, to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over, for even when ‘mas is over, even when ‘mas is over everybody matters.

2) Let me hear the carnival cry: let me hear the carnival cry: everybody matters, you matter, I matter, even antiparticles matter.
I wanna hear the sound of the carnival thunder - is it louder than the carnival cry?… everybody matters, you matter, I matter. everybody matters, even antiparticles matter.
(So) take the plunder, drink your coconut water with its peals of power, and throw your powder over the mighty waters - for everybody matters,You matter, I matter, everybody matters to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over, for even when 'mas is over, everybody matters.

3) The carnival has a magical power, to throw out peals of thunder, to the cry of temple power.
(So) let us roll together, let me feel your carnival thunder, with its peals of power.
For everybody matters, you matter, I matter, even antiparticles matter. Everybody matters to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over, even when ‘mas is over, you matter, I matter, everybody matters even antiparticles matter.(So) take the plunder, drink your coconut water with its peals of power, and throw your powder over the mighty waters - for everybody matters, to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over, for even when ‘mas is over everybody matters.

4) Let me hear the sound of the carnival thunder, is it louder than the carnival cry? Let me hear the carnival cry: everybody matter, you matter, I matter, even antiparticles matter.
I wanna hear the carnival cry, is it louder than the carnival thunder? Everybody matters, you matter, I matter, even antiparticles matter.
(So) take the plunder, drink your coconut water with its peals of power, and throw your powder, over the mighty waters, for everybody matters, you matter, I matter, everybody matters - tell your neighbour, everybody matters to roll the carnival over, to roll the carnival over , even when ‘mas is over, even when ‘mas is over, everybody matters, everybody matters…even when ‘mas is over…everybody matters…..

(COPYRIGHT – NO part of this first or second 'draft' song to be used or copied without permission from the writer/owner – Genevieve Jourdaine )