Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joyce Chrichlow of Gouyave, St. John

It saddened me to read of the passing of Joyce Chrichlow in the "Pending Arrangements" of the Obituaries.

She and her husband, Teacher Ira Chrichlow, lived directly behind the old building that housed the Anglican School where I attended as a kid. How nice it was to stop off there to say hi and be occasionally treated with a glass of lime juice and whatever sweets Miss Joyce had on hand.
Time is truly taking its toll as we continue to witness the passing away of the last of a beloved generation. Who's next?

To her daughter Janet Oliver, and the little girl who lived with them, but whose name escapes me, please accept my deepest sympathies. May she rest in peace.

Re: Joyce Chrichlow of Gouyave, St. John

My condolences also to Ms. Joyce's family on her passing.

Tony, I think it is Deanne.

Re: Joyce Chrichlow of Gouyave, St. John

I am also saddened to learn of miss Joyce's death. As a little girl attending Anglican school I ate lunch there. She was a very good friend of my mother. A very generous and kind lady. Over the years, on my trips to Gouyave, I will always visit her. Loved to talk about the good old days of teacher Eli, and to compare the behavior of children and parents back then to nowadays. I remember her saying how she enjoyed the morning prayers and the singing of the school children, however she pointed out that it is not the same anymore. She was a great story teller too, and loved to crochet.
To her family, Janet and Dianne, my deepest sympathy. May she rest in peace.