Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obeah setting antiquated trouble : HELP, SAVE Lady Genevieve from an Obeah Act!

Sorry folks but I am in big 'platform' ob.... trouble!

But before, I start, I have to inform post authors/readers that although I may be in obeah trouble, I felt a bit worse, after reading an article about the Jamaican Senate debate with regard to antiquated obeah laws in Jamaica to 'flogging punishment' section... and in answer to some post comments, Mr Edward Seaga, a former Prime Minister, stated, and I quote (Jamaican Observer) ...."Obeah is not a religion, it is a spiritual doctor and it is totally wrong to mix obeah with Myal," - I agree totally, with Mr Seaga's response, which I believe is spot on and with due respect bears similarities to what the slave owners noted in journals! Folks,I feel a bit more 'ob... setting' safe now!

Folks, my seeming obeah trouble, stems from the fact that in the crown colonies, archives record document shows that, some obeah laws were passed - under the 1898 The obeah Law, and also under the Obeah Act 1904 - it is illegal to consult an obeah practitioner about obeah practices or use obeah to frighten folks, the person could be arrested, resulting in possible whipping or lashes, even a payment of £20.00!

Also, this is not to create 'another big storm in a teacup', but obeah practices, later down the years was judged to be similar to, something I have never heard about - 'Myalism' which is a folk religion practised on one of the bigger islands, and was based on the power of the slave ancestors, incorporating the same practices as you know what!

Some 'myth' ......... now where are, if possible any of my 'obeah' relatives to save me,(I am sure they all have my very best interest at heart and are close at hand to save me using their 'obia setting' at the end of the day whether 'free' or 'enslaved' everyone have to give their own defence - Father God, thank you for the gifts you gave some of our ancestral relatives for their survival and well being against cruel slave owners!