Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Down the 'isles' slavery line : Thanks France for the slaves ‘Memoires’!

My dear Brother Vernon
I am very humbled by the complement you so graciously paid me. I say Alhamdulillah (means; all praise belong God) for that. Peace blessings and security to you my dear Brother.
I see you are a fan of Sir Hillary Beckels. He is the one Caribbean gentleman I have more respect for than anyone else in the region. May God bless him and give him long life to carry on his good works…Ameen

I am very happy to see that you touch on the root cause of the Haitian problem. I concur with every word you say.

Two days after the earthquake, I went to Haiti to work as a volunteer doing logistic for Humanity First. I spend six weeks there and experience the most horrific conditions one could ever imagine, and up to this time our brothers and sisters there are no better that the first few weeks after the quake strike.
While I was there they left the doors of a prison open and 3000 hard core criminals walk out, they were robbing, raping and killing people. At the same time 20 thousand American troops were on the ground, but they never lift a finger to help prevent these crimes.
The US builds their biggest embassy in the world in Haiti, earthquake proof, not even one window was shattered in it. Two days before the earthquake the embassy perform earthquake drills. As if they knew the earthquake was coming. The question is: why such a big building when they do not give Haitians visa and there are no foreign embassies there to spy on? We can only speculate. But don’t be surprised if Haiti becomes the sweatshop of the Caribbean and a bargaining chip to bring down the cost of labor in the American factories in Central and South America. I saw what the Red Cross did there, I saw what the UN did there, I saw what UNICEF did there I saw what bush and Clinton foundation did there and I know the kind of funds they receive for helping Haiti from all around the world. Unfortunately these funds never reach the Haitian people. These organizations only piggyback on Haiti to enrich themselves.
In 1915 the US invaded Haiti, when the general in charge of the invasion was ask why he said; “to collect the balance of the debt Haiti owed to France.” The fact is the French and the North Atlantic Alliance crippled Haiti and the US made sure that Haiti remain crippled. Contrary to people’s opinion Baby Doc was the best president Haiti ever had. And Aristae was the worst.
Now I come to the question about France and the slave monument Lady G is so exuberant about. Such a monument is nothing more than a blindfold over the people’s eyes to stop them from looking at the real reality of slavery. What they should be doing if they really care is; paying Haiti back the 150m French gold franks which would be billions of dollars in today’s currency. And also paying reparation the decadence of every one they enslaved. Then and only then will I think they are remorseful.

Re: Down the 'isles' slavery line : Thanks France for the slaves ‘Memoires’!

>>It is deeply humbling to know that they have been remembered by the French government ........... And exalting with the larks, I humbly say on behalf of the slave ancestors, Merci beaucoup, Monsieur President Francois Hollande, Merci beaucoup - for my great-grand-mother would of said, ‘EH,EH, they remember them, that’s a good thing!<<

Humbling? Did you really write that, or is that just to stir up a discussion?
Lady G, for someone who can at times be so chastising of our old colonial masters(remember Mother?), I find it incomprehensible that you can come to a conclusion like that and actually post it!
Personally I don't care what monuments or artifacts that the French or the British or the Americans for that matter may erect or uncover today, their CRIMINAL acts of the past will always overshadow everything else that they try to do to appease their conscience.

Why should we be thankful to France, when Haiti was humiliatingly brought to its knees with a so-called debt in order for that country to be "recognized"? In good conscience, how can one be made to pay his enslavers after through his own initiatives he delivered himself from their slavery? Who really should be compensated here? If that's so, shouldn't the Jews likewise still be paying the Egyptians? Or are they exempted?