Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Down the 'isles' slavery line : Thanks France for the slaves ‘Memoires’!

>>It is deeply humbling to know that they have been remembered by the French government ........... And exalting with the larks, I humbly say on behalf of the slave ancestors, Merci beaucoup, Monsieur President Francois Hollande, Merci beaucoup - for my great-grand-mother would of said, ‘EH,EH, they remember them, that’s a good thing!<<

Humbling? Did you really write that, or is that just to stir up a discussion?
Lady G, for someone who can at times be so chastising of our old colonial masters(remember Mother?), I find it incomprehensible that you can come to a conclusion like that and actually post it!
Personally I don't care what monuments or artifacts that the French or the British or the Americans for that matter may erect or uncover today, their CRIMINAL acts of the past will always overshadow everything else that they try to do to appease their conscience.

Why should we be thankful to France, when Haiti was humiliatingly brought to its knees with a so-called debt in order for that country to be "recognized"? In good conscience, how can one be made to pay his enslavers after through his own initiatives he delivered himself from their slavery? Who really should be compensated here? If that's so, shouldn't the Jews likewise still be paying the Egyptians? Or are they exempted?