Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keeping Brexit local Msr VTL

So now that we Her Royal Subjects, have voted to divorce ourselves from the EU Continentals, con we look forward to a border crossing erected on the Pons D'Lanse. replete with passport any Visa services, to screen the Northsiders who might want to traverse the lands belonging to the British Crown,to the South? Jes Arxing.

Re: Keeping Brexit local Msr VTL

>>>>>>>So now that we Her Royal Subjects, have voted to divorce ourselves from the EU Continentals, con we look forward to a border crossing erected on the Pons D'Lanse. replete with passport any Visa services, to screen the Northsiders who might want to traverse the lands belonging to the British Crown,to the South? Jes Arxing.<<<<<

Indeed! you " Royal Subjects" may be tempted to take this unprecedented step to create a provocative disturbance against the good citizenry North of Pons D'Lanse. However, in light of the dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over you die-hard nationalists heads in the South, who now feel bound to invoke their sense of territoriality to stymied the pending poverty resulting from your secessionist efforts from the EU, I had already sent word to create a militarized zone from our Busheree all the way up to Loretto to subvert any attempted abridge on our Northern nationality.

Already, we have received the second shipment of Cutlass from our Chinese underground partisan who have been conscripted in our town to train our people in sabotage efforts in case you decide to take the Hubble Bridge route with your pontoon boats to cross over Charlotte River from the East.

Our "Pelting Units" have been allotted additional iron stones and are strategically positioned along the northern side of Cornith Walk, awaiting instructions from our observational post on Ole Brickie.

We have also committed to the release of our secret armament from our Chuffeur Ca-ca Unit, the nerve agent emitting poisonous, odiferous fumes in case you decide to attempt a mass invasion.

The Pwa-gwa-tey unit has been placed on active reserve, just in case we need them. ....lol

So go ahead with your border crossing screening to protect the British Crown lands my boi " but if you only fret we hass, Cutlass go pass"

VJL

Vernon Mon amie, in typical Continental fashion, you guys are a day late and a Drachma short. Just as the Brexit vote caught with your pants down, seeking refuge, and relief behind one of the "iron stones" of Seh Caca (doh pelt dem, all you need dem for purchiss), so too are you unprepared for the aftermath of our our Downstrexit.

While you were making big plans for your 29th June Celebration, an annual display of debauchery, mayhem and shameless celebration of the Seven Deadly Sins, masquerading (pun intended) as a feast to St Peter off all people,the same St Peter who bluntly refused to build any of his churches on your rocks,and instead gave his name to a street in the South, So all that time, we southerners were infiltrated from all sides.

We have seized the high grounds of Bricky Hill and the Central Mountains, We have erected undersea nets, to block your escape by sea to the South, These nets will also to keep All our Jacks that you all have been poaching all those years within our EEZ, and we have advised Victoria and Chantimelle, that you have been stock piling Cutlasses, so watch you.

With no Jacks and no ground provision from our food production centers, I suspect that you cats might be starving by now. With no cemetery or land space to bury the deceased, the toxic fumes emanating from the rotting carcasses will make Eau de parfum de Seh Ca Ca, seem like a god-send.Please have your burials at sea when the tide flowing North? We don't want allyu washing up Downstreet alive or dead. Pray to St Peter today buoii.

Oh and by the way, does Mama San offer Seaweed Dog Paw Chow, on the menu as yet? That might be a lifesaver(pun not intended) for you fellas. ROTFLMAO.

See how you dun put me in cow belly crossways?

It seems like all you people down dey have bad karma, boi!

Now you have me fretting Mello wid you and you dash! Brexit.

Nobody can get Mello vex, he is like the Father Bernard (all you people an dem) of Gogouyave but you had to go and bring this topic. Now he giving us "sand for sugar" in we tail. Now he may do ah "Goexit" just because of you.

See now why I said all you people south of de' Ponse need ah lot ah God?

Vern ma Boi, I cannot get Vexit over Brexit. I try to see it from both sides. From the beginning of mankind, humans have come to appreciate the benefits of community and society. They formed their tribes, lived by their customs and traditions.

Over time it occurred to them that homogeneity had its limits, and that the mixing of people cultures and races, could improve their societies physically, culturally and economically. Case in point the Portuguese national soccer team is more chocolate than vanilla.

In the 50's Mother England needed workers and her loyal subjects needed work, so off to went folks from all over the Commonwealth Guavarians among them, only to be met by the resentful "Teddy Boys" who claimed that those colored folks were there to steal their jobs, and cozy up to the Irish women.Rum shop history recounts that the North Side Fighting Force, employing their considerable "home grown" pugilistic prowess, gained friends from all over the world, for keeping the pesky Teddy Bears on the run. See ah biggin up de L'anse.

As the British economy increased ,the discontent re the immigrants decreased, until those Islamists who resisted assimilation into the larger society started acting up.
In my view if you travel to your another country from your homeland, either embrace the culture,integrate,or act as a grateful guest, trying to carve out and maintain your enclave, culturally and territorially, simply pisses off the indigenous population. Those wannabe Statesmen in the Caribbean pushing the free movement deal, better take heed.

And now comes the folks from Eastern Europe and the middle east, utilizing the Shengen free flow, to jam up the Jobs, the Housing, the Schools and the Health system, is there any doubt that already marginalized Britons would say Hell no. when Angela Merkel said to the Middle East, come to Germany unchecked in your numbers, knowing that they would have free movement within the EU, I thought that it was the most reckless statement I ever heard, even by Trump standards. Makes me wonder if Germany is not still paying dues for W W II.

DOWN STREET yes boi u write some gud facts about we going to UK in d earlies and bucking up on those teddy boys,u remember those mods & rockers LOL, YOU mention the different religion and all the mella they causing now,but we west Indians didn't have much prob.in d earlies cause most of us was either catholics or Anglican,so religion wasn't a great prob.to us,cause we fitted in the churches pretty gud,but nowadays its mosque and more mosque, LOL,LOL,

D Street,

The Brexit issue is not without merit as it has the underpinnings of several factors at play; the potential economic fallout, notwithstanding those you have already mentioned. The crux of the matter however, can be summarized by what many have acknowledged as the complacency of their political leaders in placating "the newly arrivals" in order to stymed the fear factor they bring with them. 

As you alluded in your post, German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, in her zeal to be percieved as "passionate" to the influx of refugees in her country seems to be establishing herself as "the authoritative Mother Theresa", exercising her "self appointed conscience in Europe".....self guilt, as you so rightfully observed. She may not be aware that her obliviousness to the potential problem could be viewed as complacency, hence her complicity to every problem that result from that group. However, she is in fact the defacto leader of the EU and as such, has presided  over every issue of materiality; a position that has given rise to the feeling of  isolation and the lost of British nationalism.

It is my belief that  there continues to be some deep rooted sentiments of old wounds between Germany/Deutchland and the ole Blokes of Britton, dating back to WW II. To see Angela now at the decision making helm with Britton toeing the line, does not sit comfortable with most British nationals and it would not surprise me that the unfolding of this resentment is what had stoked the fire for the Brexit.

The other issue has as its underpinning, the expectations of these new arrivals - in some cases, refugees with their religous dogma that condemns  the citizens of their host country as infidels. The demands on government to afford them all the religous and social amenities is met with an implied threat,  further relegating "Britonions" to being third class citizens in their own country.

This excerpt of your post makes the more salient point of migration for which I totally agree with.

Said you,

>>>>>....,In my view if you travel to your another country from your homeland, either embrace the culture,integrate,or act as a grateful guest, trying to carve out and maintain your enclave, culturally and territorially, simply pisses off the indigenous population......<<<<<<<

This has always been the unwritten law of immigrant assimilation, one that we from the Caribbean understands so well, even as we try to bring in some of our ciltural norms and morays to ease the pain of being away from our love one's. Yes, we were met with resentments and had advocated for changes in the social structure but we never tried to bite the hands that fed us even though our treatment was brutal at times. This new group seems to hold their host hostage with the threat of killing men, women and children and no people in their right mind would tolerate this.

So as you reminded >>>>>......Those wannabe Statesmen in the Caribbean pushing the free movement deal, better take heed.<<<<<< your warning seems meritorious as the facts of the British and French experiences supports it.

VJL

VTL and Mello, it's comforting to see im not alone with my views on the subject. I believe in strength in numbers and do not support the isolationist views of most of the "leavers". The answer might lie somewhere in the middle, a robust European common market, with regulated immigration and cultural safeguards.
Merkel's approach is dangerous, in a world of religious extremists,.

I also do not believe in a world without borders, as embraced by the carefree millenials of today. Every one of them seem to want to strap on back packs and spend their lives exploring the planet. I hope they are prepared to survive on grass and weeds, when there's no one left to grow food, or when the refugees of today, refuse to serve the infidels tomorrow. The apocalypse is coming, reserve your seat on the Mars .shuttle..

As for all the talk about free movement in the Caribbean, I would adopt a simiar approach. The fragile economies of most of the smaller countries, and societies constantly battered by relentless migration, would probably not be well served by a revolving door admitting streams of new people.

Our security forces are definitely not ready for prime time, and may never be able to match wits with professional criminal imports.I like the concept of border controls, and I also like the adage, if it aint broke, don't fix it.