Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Godfrey Harford Stewart has died

It seems that nicknames can take on any form.

I knew him all my life as Harford, without even knowing his last name. So I couldn't make the connection that the name I saw in the Obituary was the same person I knew as Harford. Thanks to Bernadette, his niece, who explained that Godfrey was his first name while Harford was his middle name.
Harford was not his first name nor was it a nickname. All we ever knew was that Gouyave called him Harford. So unless someone was able to untangle the web, many would never have known who the deceased was.

Some nicknames can be embarrassing in some cases, but no one should underestimate its importance in the social life of our Gouyave. Maybe instead we should just refer to it as aka.

Condolences go out to Bernie and her daughter, Gertrude and to all of Harford's family and other relatives. May he rest in peace.

Re: Godfrey Harford Stewart has died

My sympathy to the family of Godfrey Stewart (I called him stuart)He always had a big smile. Whenever I visited Gouyave we always had a laugh. He loved to play his mass. May his soul rest in peace.