Gogouyave.com's Forum

Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milton, Brace yourself

Willton, take this one, me Bruddah.

In the words of our illustrious and prolific Poet, Derek Walcott, "it is going to he nasty".

Looking at the continuously current issue about the over-extending of authority by the Police; the allegations of brutality towards Blacks; the perception of corruption within the Police ranks by invoking "their blue wall of silence"; the physical and mental abuse being mitted out on people of color; the total disregard for innocent Black children and the complicity of our legal system in protecting even the most blatent acts of violence committed by "these men in Blue", is it any wonder that WE, as Black people, more than any other ethnic group should fear for our lives when dealing with law enforcement officers?

Do we as African descendants have a predisposition to violence as some would have us believe or is that a reserved connotation used to justify fear and hate? Afterall, was it not the Black man who were terrorized primarily in the South during the dark days of oppression and segregation, where legalized terrorism reigened supreme under the Jim Crow laws? And what has happened to the seeds and seedlings of these "Southern Trees" (Maya Angelou), have they all just disappeared in thin air or have they been transplanted in the fertile soil of the Congress plantation and made more efficient with the  use of GMO?

Bro, their History's 20/20 vision on brutality can be traced back to every dynasty of the Chinese empire; the Slave Trade within the Middle Eastern countries to the waring factions of continantal Europe during thrir conquests.The total violent documented  deaths exceeds well over  three hundred million (300,000,000) with the Chinese alone contributing over two hundred and sixty two million (262,000,000) deaths. Yet, they are noted for their Fried Rice, Lo Min, Chop Sui and the bearer of gifts while Black man is painted and tarred with the violence.

How come? Eh!

Copy and paste this link in your browser......http://www.bookofhorriblethings.com/ax01.html

My Brother, everyone in his/her society is conditioned to protect themselves from fear. It is "an inalienable right endowed to every man by his creator". The removal of that right was preceeded with the assistance of Chinese Gun Powder and that discovery had designated us to be the Slaves of others and had paved the way for the transcontinental commercialization of slavery; the rest, as they say, is History. It is a truism that the White establishment understands very well and has kept them in power for centuries.That acknowledgment is what had created the necessity to enshrine the provision for the right to bear arms in the Second Ammendment of the US Constitution.

The Police represents the domestic authority between that need for protection against the inevitability of the once enslaved, coming back to take out their revenge on them. We saw it in its operational form being carried out by the actions snd inactions of our House of Representative dealings with President Obama but for the everyday man on the street, It is called " advocating and maintaining law and order".

The role of the Police is the first line of defence to support that establishment.This profession, unlike any other, are given the absolute power to play Judge, Jury and Executioner in the interest of protecting US, the entire society. Their powers extend beyond those of any state in some cases but they are not and should not be seen as infallible. They should be beyond reproach but only to the extent of their professionalism. Any abridge of this power should be met with the full extent of the law.

But when in 1970, the Knapp Commission revealed what was happening behind that blue wall of silence with the assistance of Police Officer, Frank Serpico and David Durk, it sent shock-waves to the public. The corroborated facts showed that the group had evolved into common criminals. The streets of Harlem were littered with the Black bodies of those who dared to challenge the authority of the Police. In my opinion, it was the beginning of the lost credibility; the perception we are seeing today.

But that perception does not transcend throughout all areas of America. The division between people of color and White America's view of the Police became ever-present as we saw the escalation in their abusive powers as the court system continues to exonerate them, even in light of damming evidence. What they have succeeded in doing is convincing us that the tyrannical behavior we see by some of them with our own eyes (videos/Dash Cams etc. for example) is not true. They have convinced us to "mistrust our lying eyes" and believe their version of concocted stories even when they defy the laws of Physics and Science.They use the legal system to holds the public at large hostage, into accepting their version of the truth. And we better believe them and free their Brothers because if we do not, we are reminded that they know our names, addresses, where we work and the schools our children attend.

Here are a few of the more horrific cases of the time that span over a thirty years. There were many more, too numerous to mention here.

1. The Elenor Bumpers (Black) shooting of 1984- A mentally challenged Grandmother with a knife in hand was pulverised with bullets when she disobeyed the police command to drop the knife.

2. The Larry Davis (Black) shooting of six Police Officers in
1986. It was reported that he was about to reveal the names of Police Officers who "were on the take" and as a result, they were coming to kill rather than arrest him. His claim of self defense was believed by a jury and was subsequently freed.

3. The 1991 Rodney King (Black) merciless beating at hands of the Police was one of the first to be caught on camera. This case was settled in court.

4.The 1997 torturing and sordamizing of Abna Luama (a Haitian immigrant) in a Police precinct with a Plunger. They rammed it up his Rectum until it had perforated his intestine.

5. The 1999 Armadu Deallo (a African immigrant)shooting by five NY Police Officers in the vestibule of the building where he lived. They fired 41 shots at him striking him 19 times.

6. The 2006 killing of Sean Bell(Black) .This young man was out celebrating with his friends the night before he was about to get married. His faith was met with a barrage of 50 bullets by uniformed and plain clothes Police Officers.

My Brother, they have in fact become bigger than the law and to the extent that they continue to criminalize our Sons and protect their own, do not expect any hew and cry from their coadjutors or the selected John Public.

VJL

Re: Milton, Brace yourself

What a wonderful piece of writing, I am quite sure if I had attempted to do the same my vocabulary and my diction would not be enough to follow the path you have just taken. I started to read this yesterday but was unable to finish due to the fact I had some pressing matter at hand that required my immediate attention. It is always a pleasure to read your writing , compact with fact and less fiction, keep up the good work my brother.