Gogouyave.com's Forum

Views expressed on this website are those of the person or persons posting the message and does not reflect the views of Gogouyave.com

Rules Of this Talk Shop

1. Do not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, or an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any laws.

2. Finally, the owners of this web site reserve the right to remove any messages posted, for legal reasons. 

So please! please! try to keep your posts clean. Webmaster

Forum: Gouyave Talk
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1

Agbom,

Much appreciate the info you have shared, the names have hit home.

Indeed, they are all members of my clan and I know or have heard of them, in particular, those on the Garvy Sr. and Clive side. Dr. Anthony (Theorem/Pola) and I were school mates at Schaper then later, came Einstein and I think Dr. Bowen may have attended also. I was closer to their older Brother, George as he was more frequent in Gouyave. Lucky, I remembered very well, together with his Sister Gertrude. The rest of the girls - all prefessionals in their own rights - I had since met some years ago.

On the Gouyave side, in the French Quarters, we are the product of Victor Louison, the Brother of Llyle, Linton, Dennis, Edgbut and Joe. There was another Brother, Seiton (sp) who had immigrated to Trinidad back in the late fifties. There were many other siblings who all (except one) went to England in the early sixties. Those are my direct link.

I still cannot make the connection to the blood-line of those on the Concord side but there is a biological/genealogical link as to the physique, physical characteristics and close resemblance.

As you know, we sometimes can get confuse into believing that people who share the same surnames are related, when nothing could be further from the truth.

"Dem other Louisons an dem, wid blond hair and blue eyes, dey dey hiding from us in Quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba in Canada; cold country wid no Summer so dem wretch and dem safe up dey".

Thanks again for the update.

Monsieur Louison

Email  
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Peter St. Paul - Oct 10, 2017 10:04pm
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Vernon Louison - Oct 11, 2017 7:20pm
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Peter St. Paul - Oct 11, 2017 9:26pm
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Vernon Louison - Oct 12, 2017 9:20am
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Vernon Louison - Sep 24, 2017 3:04pm
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Peter St. Paul - Sep 24, 2017 7:17pm
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by merle edmund - Sep 25, 2017 12:36am
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Stephen Lewis - Oct 10, 2017 11:52am
Re: The LOUISONS - part 1 - by Agbom - Oct 11, 2017 12:44am