Return to Website

Sheboygan's Summer Wiffle Ball League

This forum is designed for topics covering the Sheboygan Summer Wiffle Ball League.

Sheboygan's Summer Wiffle Ball League
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: 2003 Season Input

I like the idea of a 6-man roster, and a catcher would definitely allow for bunting. I'm also for beating Prisland with a bat, but for now I'll focus on the wiffle.

Moreover, I would like to see are measures taken to ensure more balance among the teams. Blowouts and early run-rules were far too common (possibly due to A Prisland). Perhaps a draft could be implemented somehow (i.e. at least 2 players per team would have to be drafted, which would serve to spread talent to more teams).

On the webpage, I'd suggest team sub-pages, where all the little nitty-gritty details, schedules, stats, and profiles about each team would be so as not to clutter up the main league pages, and give the teams some creative control. Also on the subpages could be team contact information and, if possible, a chat forum for better communication between team members.

Other than that, I'd suggest some small things like occasional captians/commitee meetings (via chat?) and stupid awards (like best hat, ugliest swing, etc.).perhaps an easy-access forum for contact among teams and team members (like a small chat section on this webpage).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Wiffleball fanatics!

Yes its the off-season, but the off-season is a time for change and improvement. An overwhelming positive response was received thus far for interest in continuing/starting the summer wiffleball tradition next summer. I'm as excited, as you can probably imagine. Wiffleball pretty much WAS my 2002 summer.

The main goal of this post is to spark some interest in changes for next season. Some have expressed an interest in a 6 man lineup to include a catcher. Others would like to allow bunting. Some would like to see A Prisland beaten with a baseball bat. Whatever your desire, please start posting your ideas so we can have an even more successful 2003!

The Commish

(Optional) AOL IM Screen Name OtherChief8

Re: Re: 2003 Season Input

Stupid Awards?? Give me a break! Why would you want to bring down such a well-organized league with such awards as "Best Hat" It would take away the respect this league has already gained after its rookie season.

Replying to:

I like the idea of a 6-man roster, and a catcher would definitely allow for bunting. I'm also for beating Prisland with a bat, but for now I'll focus on the wiffle.

Moreover, I would like to see are measures taken to ensure more balance among the teams. Blowouts and early run-rules were far too common (possibly due to A Prisland). Perhaps a draft could be implemented somehow (i.e. at least 2 players per team would have to be drafted, which would serve to spread talent to more teams).

On the webpage, I'd suggest team sub-pages, where all the little nitty-gritty details, schedules, stats, and profiles about each team would be so as not to clutter up the main league pages, and give the teams some creative control. Also on the subpages could be team contact information and, if possible, a chat forum for better communication between team members.

Other than that, I'd suggest some small things like occasional captians/commitee meetings (via chat?) and stupid awards (like best hat, ugliest swing, etc.).perhaps an easy-access forum for contact among teams and team members (like a small chat section on this webpage).

Replying to:

Hello Wiffleball fanatics!

Yes its the off-season, but the off-season is a time for change and improvement. An overwhelming positive response was received thus far for interest in continuing/starting the summer wiffleball tradition next summer. I'm as excited, as you can probably imagine. Wiffleball pretty much WAS my 2002 summer.

The main goal of this post is to spark some interest in changes for next season. Some have expressed an interest in a 6 man lineup to include a catcher. Others would like to allow bunting. Some would like to see A Prisland beaten with a baseball bat. Whatever your desire, please start posting your ideas so we can have an even more successful 2003!

The Commish