Return to Website

Lora Leigh's Book Club

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Cassie's Book

Now that I have read Rule Breaker. I have a big question to ask you all. Here is in a couple of parts.

1. Do you think Cassie should be a little older than 20 years old before she is mated? Most of Lora's female characters are around 24 or 25 years old before they mate.

2. Do you think Cassie should have a life before she mates? Think about this before you answer. Cassie always has someone around her to make sure she does not kidnapped, hurt or whatever. She never been out to have fun with out someone watching over her.

3. Here is a big one, whoever is Cassie mate is don't you think he needs to make sure he has a couple of Breeds to have his back before he mates Cassie? Think about this, Dash- is not going to let anyone mate his daughter, then you have Kane, like he is not going to just let anyone mate Cassie with out making sure he can pertected her, then you have Wolfe, Del-Ray and Styx like they are not going to just sit by either.

Here are my answers to the question:

1. I do think Cassie should be be older. Even though she seen a lot. I think she is not ready to be mated yet.

2. Yes, I think Cassie should live a little. Go out a party some more. I mean sneak out and have some fun where Cassie can be a women not a Breed.

3. Whoever is Cassie's mate is, you have to guess if it is who been watching her than you would have know he know that he is going to have to someone that has his back to let all this men know that he can be there for her any every way. Cassie mate needs to make sure he has a couple of Breeds behind him before he goes and tells her and Dash he is Cassie mate.

So I hope Lora waits a little longer to write Cassie's book. I would love see one of Dog teams go down with the mating heat like Loki or Mutt. We know we still need Judd's and Gideon's books.

Re: Cassie's Book

From the Breeds 14 - Dawn's Awakening, there was a snipper who Cassie sensed, (I usually gobble the breed books as soon as I buy them so maybe I've forgotten); Cassie sensed that man and feared meeting him in the future, and I don't remember if he was mentioned in the following books. If not there's a still big "?" of what.

I also think her mate would be either a human (maybe a twist of fate will cople her with a son of a member of the gen etics council, or a winged breed)

But mostly I sense a great deal of pain would still accompany her, through the other breeds book. And Cassie somehow lost her childhood with the tragedy of her earlier life. So her mate would be able to give her what she has lost, and be herself despite the burden she carries with love.

Email  

Quote: Monique Ito
Now that I have read Rule Breaker. I have a big question to ask you all. Here is in a couple of parts.

1. Do you think Cassie should be a little older than 20 years old before she is mated? Most of Lora's female characters are around 24 or 25 years old before they mate.

2. Do you think Cassie should have a life before she mates? Think about this before you answer. Cassie always has someone around her to make sure she does not kidnapped, hurt or whatever. She never been out to have fun with out someone watching over her.

3. Here is a big one, whoever is Cassie mate is don't you think he needs to make sure he has a couple of Breeds to have his back before he mates Cassie? Think about this, Dash- is not going to let anyone mate his daughter, then you have Kane, like he is not going to just let anyone mate Cassie with out making sure he can pertected her, then you have Wolfe, Del-Ray and Styx like they are not going to just sit by

1 No I do not feel that Cassie needs to be older. She never really had a childhood and her finding that special love for her would be giving her a chance at a happy future.
2 She has a life in ways. Maybe not get out partying all the time . But not everyone needs that. That would also take away some of the innocents. I would hate to see Cassie starting to get out partying at this stage. It would change how I have seen her.
3 I think he will have some breeds on his side. Short of him never having meet any other breed then he would have to have breed friends. That would stand with him.
I am pass ready for Cassie book and also Dog's book.

Email  

1. I don't think Cassie need to be older, because she is very mature for her
age. So that won't be a problem.

2. I do think she does need to go out, and have some fun. Everyone needs to
really party even if its just once, and plus she want too.

3. I do think that her mate will need people and breeds behind him, because
their are to many people not ready for Cassie to be a woman. They still she
her a someone to be protect which she should, but they need to loosing the
reins a little

Email  

Here are my answers to the question:
1. NOW !!!!!
2. YES !!! I think Cassie should live a little. Go out a party some more. I mean sneak out and have some fun where Cassie can be a women not a Breed.
3. Already did. Resolved. kkkk
I would love see one of Dog teams go down with the mating heat like Loki, Mutt or Thane !!!!

Email  

I do agree that she needs to live a little or more specifically grow into herself, to be more than this fragile girl everyone is always protecting.

I'm sure whoever Lora chooses for her will have to be able to both protect her and take on her over-protective father and uncles.

I hope we see a bit more of her relationship with her baby brother.

Between Cassie and Dane, I feel like Dane's story should come first as he is much much older in years and experience. Despite the fact that Cassie has been through much, she still comes across as too young emotionally to be mated. She's just too innocent.

Is Dog still a candidate for Cassie's mate or has that been debunked?

I would also like Cassie live any longer. However, his father and uncles will not allow. I think she should start to "escape". With the help of friends and favors charging of all races should you. Love to see her interacting with another man besides her mate. The Lora has two books yet to make Cassie crazy to all races. haha
* too eager for the next book *

Email  

Great questions!!

1. I think Cassie is mature for her age. She sees and knows things others would not be able to handle. I think it is time someone helps take the load of her shoulders. It would be nice for her to be older, but it may also depend on the past crimes her mate may have committed. It seems like that is a theme in a lot of the books. The character needs to be mated before they are taken to trial or taken out of the country and put into diagnostic labs.

2. She has been able to sneak out on occasion to party. But it has been cut short because the owners of the bars always call the Alphas of the respective areas she is in and the enforcers come to watch over her. But I don't think her life really revolves around the partying.

3. We know he is the sniper in the tree in Dawn's Awakening. He is also a coyote. I used to think it was Dog, but now think it is Rhyzan Brannigan. He may have been on the other side of the fight but switched as soon as he saw his target. His mate. I think Jonas knows Rhyzan is Cassie's mate, but does not know he is the shooter. That is why Jonas is making him his Assistant Director. But I am not giving up entirely yet on Dog. It may also be the "possible" male recessed coyote that was being created along with Katie O'Sullivan in Devil's Due. Cassie seemed very interested in the other subject "probably being a male." Those are my 3 guesses.

Here is a teaser from Lora at the end of Gideon's summary at http://www.loraleigh.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=31&Itemid=57

"As yet untitled, the Mating of Cassandra (Cassie) Sinclair, and the breed she should have never dared –

Never dare a Coyote.

Never challenge a breed.

How many times in her life has Cassie heard those warnings? So what made her challenge a Coyote the night she felt the sights leveled on her head.

He should have killed her, because she could have handled that. She expected that. What she can’t handle? What she never expected?

The mating that occurred, the coyote destined to be her mate, and her father’s fury –"

Email  

I enjoyed Rule Breaker again, readings it twice helps place thing in perspective. Cassie is young to mate right now because she is not ready. She went dance with Emma and the girls but was not given total freedom. All those enforcers hanging around on the dance floor. I feel the next book will be Fawn and Gideon, Judd and Mr.Freaky. Cashier's mate doesn't need other breed friends he has Breed law on his side. And Cassie knows the ends and outs of breed law. I feel she will use all tools to make herself happy, she will have her mates back against he dad and uncles. But men do not think like us women. They love her too much to step in on her mate. But they will be real close to make sure he is worthy.I also believe we are going to see a closeness with her mother like how they had each other in Elizabeth's book. Her mate will have the support of eliSabeth which will keep Daddy from trying to kill him. And her mom won't let Cassie hide from herself or live in her fears.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com