Vincent (with an N) Regan's Very Ugly Message Board

Welcome and feel free to post as you will. Please note that snarky posts are welcome, and the opinionated are embraced. Go on and post what you may, rant about any actor or topic you choose. Loved something? Hated it? Post it. Hell it is our space not theirs and I abhor sites which breed sycophants. This isn't a church and no one gets venerated. Not even sweet Vincent.

No one shits roses.

(Except maybe Monica Bellucci and let me be the first person to offer to check that for you).

Rules: Flaming the living fuck out of each other will not be tolerated. Neither will anything reeking of racism, bigotry or homophobia. This is a diversity loving site. Namaste.

Questions? Comments? Complaints? NaT_for_Nothin@hotmail.com  I tend to call it like I see it. If I offend and feel an apology is warranted I will issue one to the person I offended. For instance, if I hurt your feelings I will apologize, but I am not going to offer an apology for saying that I think Orlando Bloom SUCKED in Troy. Not unless he calls me and informs me that my little remark has screwed his sleep cycle. Got it? So please, save your fangirling for a place that gives a shit. I simply don't own the patience.

If you post something which will harm another person or could get me sued, I will warn and ask you to remove it. If you want to sue me, get in line behind all of the student loan people... it is a very very long line though.

Peace. Enjoy.

Vincent (with an N) Regan's Very Ugly Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Whoa....

Okay my dears. I am going to play "owner of the board," a job which is FAR less fun than "toga panty checker." Far less fun.

And please, no one take this personally. It's nice to see you guys using the forum. Am GLAD you are here. GLAD people bother to post. So keep it up, mkay???

1. Please. For my sanity and the sanity of the 3512 lurkers, keep it on ONE thread. You can change the subject line as you choose - it's easy, just backspace the old and put in the new. But respond to a comment or thread of comments WITHIN that thread.

What happens if you don't is that some poor innocent slob (like me) hits a thread and thinks Shirl is asking about having tea and doesn't understand Zara's response of "that is private" bc we forgot that 3 threads ago Shirl asked where the wedding was.

One thread, okay? Unless you are completely changing the topic. Muchos gracias mi amigos.

2. Let's try to refrain just a tad from being peevy with each other, shall we? Zara's presence on this board and the possibility that she may or may not be related to the topic of this board in no way implies that she must spill info regarding him. I felt the "hey where was the wedding?" query to be completely innocuous. Shirl is from Yorkshire and she was simply curious. If Zara doesn't wish to share that info, or any info - that's perfectly fine.

3. At the same time... Zara you are more than welcome to hang out over here in the fan section. Seriously, and I understand that people's natural curiousity can be overwhelming to the person being queried. However, when you show up with the announcement that you are a relative, people ARE going to ask questions. Human nature hon. On your part, I would refrain from making comments such as "I was going to have Vinni stop over...why bother." For several reasons...

a. If you expected that in coming over you would be venerated, sorry. It isn't going to happen. No one here gets worshipped. Not you, not anyone. Not even Vincent Regan. No one. There is absolutely no sucking up allowed here. None. Zilch. Nada.

b. I for one give Mr. Regan enough credit to think he can decide for himself what to do in any given situation. Just as ANY of us can. If he finds the site and likes it, he can choose to comment, wave or simply not bother himself at all. Ditto for if he sees it and doesn't like it. For all I know he has fashioned a VooDoo doll with my name on it and is currently sticking it with pins. That's fine too. Either way, I do trust that the man is fully capable of making his own decisions. Dangling him about like a carrot hanging off of a stick isn't going to endear you to anyone sweetie. It's simply going to p*ss people off. Which in turn will p*ss you off. Next thing ya know... everyone has PMS at the same time. NOT GOOD.

Therefore...

4. I am respectfully asking that folks refrain from questioning Zara. If she wishes to be a member of this community, niece or not, she is welcome here. As is everyone. If she chooses to share information that has been pre-approved for public consumption by the subject of that info, then she may certainly do so. If she chooses to simply hang out and shoot the sh*t with us, that's fine too. If she chooses to go all "I know something you don't know" again, I will repost point/request #3.

No. People will not be banned for ignoring my above requests. I will not ban ANYONE unless they threaten or blatantly harass other members. Let me be very clear here. Am NOT into playing dictator, at least not unless someone is scantily clad in leather and holding handcuffs. I don't like having to even remind people to be cordial to each other. So please, try not to eat each other, okay?

And lastly, since I am in clarifying mode and hope to purge quickly and get back to my generally snarky I don't give a flying sh*t self....

The invitation/offer has always been open for a dialogue between this site and Mr. Regan's management. Further, it has been truthfully stated that the site would be modified to better suit his or his management's stated goals/needs should they contact me. It does after all carry his name and while I am not required legally to adjust this place accordingly, I would absolutely do so. Without hesitation. Simply out of respect for another human being. The one whose name is plastered all over the place.

Many actors and/or their press agents choose to interact with fansites, many do not. It really doesn't matter to me, although the paucity of current professional info is annoying. My goal was to build a site for someone who didn't have one. It started as two hideous pages of misaligned type and a page of pictures I couldn't shrink to save my life. I've met some wonderful people who have helped me along the way, learned webdesign and had some silly fun to boot. I am happy with the layout and it cheers me that he has a site that shows up on Google.

Mission accomplished :)

Now everyone KISS AND MAKE UP

Re: Whoa....

Love the website. Very honoured to have my own ugly site. Thanks Nat

Re: Re: Whoa....

De nada, my pleasure. Everyone needs a bit o'ugly, no? Glad to be of service.

I've even updated the News page in honour of your visit. However, any moment now our frequent lurkers are going to catch on that I HAVE NO NEWS.

The fact that this site even boasts a "News" page when it's NEVER had news, well it's kind of astounding, don't you think? We even have ARCHIVES of our non-news!

Just so you know - if the mood ever strikes, you can feel free to toss us some. I am not begging, really am not.New projects to look for? Recipes for fig balsamic vinaigrette? End the mystery on what the hell happened to Empire, perhaps? Or Danny the Dog?

You've been very quiet lately on the professional front. It's as if the aliens finally got to you. Or you had the NERVE to get a life outside of work

And btw, I was only joking about your agent. I mean, am sort of sure that s/he doesn't have narcolepsy.

Peace Vincent. Blessings to you and yours. Be well and thanks for stopping by.

**raises glass of merlot**

~NaT

HEY NOW..

Directing WHAT with WHAT yellow pages ad guy???

HELLLOOOOOOOOO

Please share Shirl as I've no idea what you are talking about and haven't updated the news page in forever.

Will bake you cupcakes....

Re: not interested

Wow, I'm out of it for the long weekend and hell busts loose!

Nice groundrules, NaT. You may not be a dictator, but you have an iron hand in a velvet glove. Love ya!

Heh, I feel like I missed the bandwagon asking questions when others were. I suppose living in the same region as Charles Bronson and J.D. Salinger sort of makes it second nature to leave celebrities alone. Michael J. Fox has a home nearby and he was pretty reclusive as well. So easy to lose yourself in the country! I can see why celebs have hideaways like that.

Zara, I hope you stay. Warm bodies are needed and it's nice to have the forum hopping (happily, rather than madly, is preferable! *peace sign*).

Danka Darlin'

And I hate that administrative crapola. YUCK.

*passes out merlot*

Yeah my sweet Blue State sister. I don't see what the big deal is, either way. Peeps are peeps and between those in NY and here, have had some interesting neighbors nearby. It's just not a "thing" ya know? YOU KNOW :) Venice Beach has a bunch of actors stuffed in it. All is cool. Although, if I ever run across Dennis Hopper late one dark night on a walkstreet I'll probably FLEE in a moment of terror. Lurve him but Freeeeaaaaaaakkkkky dude.

So. Still want to secede? I do. But I want to take Cali with me. And NY. And you guys. I say we just give the South BACK to the South.

*waves bye bye to it*

I don't know what the 13 colonies did back in 1791 to bribe The Republic of Vermont to join them, but if I could, I'd zip back in time and give them all a royal b*tchslapping. We COULD have joined Canada! *weeps*

Little known piece of history: The Rebs actually got as far as Vermont. They stole some gold from a bank up here and tried to make it over the border to Canada. They got caught, but the gold wasn't ever found. Been driving treasure hunters nuts for 140 years.

But yeah, the Red States can have each other. Gays and lesbians welcome to join us! We know the fundies wouldn't want their Great Society tainted. Ugh, hate to sound so overtly political on a celebrity site, but the hypocritical egotistical whiners have been driving me batsh*t the past month. So much for the "Christian" virtue of humility...

political ramblings on a celebrity site!

HOW DARE YOU KARLA?!?!?

**falls over in giggles**

No kidding Babe, Shrub and his people had better think again - "MANDATE" my a**. 51% isn't a mandate. Then again, Bush never was a very good student was he? My, my, my what Daddy can't buy you, eh?

Although why we expected the descendents of slave owners to vote any differently is beyond me. Have you checked the websites? www.Sorryeverybody.com has a huge variety of folks on it and the now seemingly defunct www.werenotsorry.com was a bunch of people brandishing assault weapons. I'm guessing that the legality issues surrounding some of those rifles is why the site got bagged. Lovely.

That one of the richest countries in the world is run by an egotistical little pr*ck is beyond frightening. History will not be kind to him, nor should it be. We've worsened the situation in Afghanistan, murdered at least tens of thousands of civilians in Iraq, systematically destroyed numerous laws and international pacts designed to protect the environment, further poisoned our own drinking supplies, taken sexual education and made it a dangerous abstinence joke, attacked the rights of women, denied the civil rights of GBL populations and turned almost all allies against us.

Was ashamed for a long while. Now am simply ****** off. The sh*t stops NOW. There are plenty of groups out there that have become even more active and salient since the election. Will post a ton of links to them this weekend for anyone interested.

Peace (one day eh?) & Out (even if who I love/f*ck ****** the Red off)

~~NaT

Ditto and then some, NaT! I've seen that Sorry Everybody site. Wish I had a digital camera, else I'd contribute. It's a great site. And I saw the "answer" site as well - first heard about it from Mark Morford's column at sfgate.com. (LOVE that guy! The only thing I read religiously. )

I learned the extent to which Bush is hated around the world when a friend of mine told me that a drunk old man staggered into the tiny library in the tiny town of Aura, Finland, and proceeded to rant against Bush as she sat at the circulation desk. He IS a uniter!

I try to keep my humor - it's the only thing I have. Daily Show, take me away!

Re: Re: not interested

Lurve that site! He rocks. Find a way to get a message up on sorryeverybody. It is worth the scan. Cathartic.