minidoodle minibike message board

Welcome to minidoodle message board. Feel free to browse and post messages.   Please keep this message board clean and to the subject of minibikes and related topics.

How to post pictures on the message forum?

Go to www.photobucket.com

Upload your photos and the cut copy and paste the HTML tag on the forum. That’s it!

Forum: minidoodle minibike message board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
need help identifying a fold up mini bike

Hello, I could use some help identifying a fold up mini bike my father has.I don't have any pictures yet but I can describe it.It has a tag that says Centaur on the fiberglass sides,it folds up, has a headlight havent looked to see what size motor it has.When folded it's about 3 ft long about 2 feet wide and about 2 ft high.Fiberglass sides and blue any help would be greatly appreciated

Email  
Re: need help identifying a fold up mini bike

Rupp Centaur (Two-Wheeler).

Fiberglass sides? My girlfriend's
I thought were plastic. That was years ago.
....and her's was red.

Email  

Quote: Mac

....and her's was red.

they are not made by Rupp, the Rupp centuar was full size trike (Elvis owned one of those BTW), they were made in the mid '70's and had nothign to do witht he scooters.

Centaur folding scooters were made by Lombard industries, and is an all American made bike roughly '60-64 were the production years, the motor was clinton 2 stroke, hopped up with go power parts. original sides/fender/floorboard are in fact plastic but there is a fellow in the southeast that makes and sell fiberglass replacements, you'll find the orginal panels are very brittle, be very careful with them if they are still intact!

They are a very neat bike, I just recently got rid of one that did not have the original motor in it.
Photobucket

Quote: Markus
Quote: Mac

....and her's was red.

they are not made by Rupp, the Rupp centuar was full size trike (Elvis owned one of those BTW), they were made in the mid '70's and had nothign to do witht he scooters.

Centaur folding scooters were made by Lombard industries, and is an all American made bike roughly '60-64 were the production years, the motor was clinton 2 stroke, hopped up with go power parts. original sides/fender/floorboard are in fact plastic but there is a fellow in the southeast that makes and sell fiberglass replacements, you'll find the orginal panels are very brittle, be very careful with them if they are still intact!

They are a very neat bike, I just recently got rid of one that did not have the original motor in it.
Photobucket

Hi Markus,
Pretty interesting and I just learned something new. I guess we are never too young to learn. Thanks for this information.

http://www.caroholic.com/centaur_tech_library.htm

The blue one..............

Email  

they came in red and blue side panels, but the frames were all blue from what most have said. that link mac posted has the info for the replacement panels they will work with any year/model bike but they did make a couple of changes through he short run of the bike so some things might vary. with eh panels off they look like a large Fuji GO Devil, another cool folding scooter

the US scooter site has some info on them as well

Mini bikes in the photo from this page

Are you interested in selling any of the scooters in the photo?

Email   I just have email