minidoodle minibike message board

Welcome to minidoodle message board. Feel free to browse and post messages.   Please keep this message board clean and to the subject of minibikes and related topics.

How to post pictures on the message forum?

Go to www.photobucket.com

Upload your photos and the cut copy and paste the HTML tag on the forum. That’s it!

Forum: minidoodle minibike message board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
montgomery wards 424 mini bike sprocket's

i have a wards 424 looking for help with jack shaft sprockets and tire sprocket size, #of teeth per sprocket and chain size as it was new any help would be super.
thanks jim

Email  
Re: montgomery wards 424 mini bike sprocket's

no one out there has a wards seems like some one would any help will get me started thanks jim

Email  

Hi Jim,
I took a lokk at all my minibike service manuals and none give any specs. If you do not have the original sprockets then I can only suggest you buy all new replacenmt sprockets and chain. You can buy #35 or #41 chain size and gear it so that you have a final 6:1 gear ratio. Hope this helps.

Jim,

1) what does it look like? There's more than one Wards bike.

2) Are all pieces there or are you missing wheels, sprockets, etc.

3) As far as gearing, what are your intentions with it?

The jackshaft gives the luxury of being able to gear for a specific use, as well as fudge room for mounting non stock wheels, etc.

Is it like mine?

Quote: Injuntom
Is it like mine?

Hi Jim and Tom,

Here is the link to the brochure page with pictures of all the model of the Montgomery Wards minibike models
http://www.minidoodle.com/id370.htm
Tom I'm not sure if your is the 424. I assume the 4 means 4 hp. The problem it does not have any specs for the different models. Let us know.

Actually Jay, I do have another ad for those style of Wards bikes, and it does show the 424 as being 4hp, also a 5hp model. There is also another Wards bike that's a completely different style. One of these days you'll be seeing them.

Sounds like his bike will be like mine.

thanks all of you for your help i do not have the jack shaft or any of the sprockets and i do not have any of the brake parts i would like it back to the way it was new. i would like all the input i can get it helps me understand the bike and the way it works,
i am real sure it is a 424 it was yellow when it was new no tank under seat and no shocks thanks for the help

Email  

If you need a brake drum for a Gilson/Wards band brake I still have several:

Gilson Hubs, Brake Drums for a Gilson minibike sold through Montgomery Wards.

Looking for parts for a Montgomery ward for 424 mini bike. wiring, rear brake drum . tail light ,chain guards Thamks Mike

Email  

I still have a few of the rear brake drums as seen in the picture in my previous post here if you need that part.

Hello to all......Yes, I'm still kickin'.

Email  

Mac, Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I already found a rear brake drum . do you happen to have any parts for 424 Montgomery wards . Chain guards for either side. If you do give me a call! 440-233-4777 .Thanks Mike

Email  

Sorry, Nothing else for those.
Always searching though.......

Email   Mac TheMinibikeguy  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com