minidoodle minibike message board

Welcome to minidoodle message board. Feel free to browse and post messages.   Please keep this message board clean and to the subject of minibikes and related topics.

How to post pictures on the message forum?

Go to www.photobucket.com

Upload your photos and the cut copy and paste the HTML tag on the forum. That’s it!

Forum: minidoodle minibike message board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
stellr minibike for sale?

any one have a stellar mini bike or frame for sale?..really need one

Email  
Re: stellr minibike for sale?

i have a stellar minibike willing to be sold i could ship or it could be picked up has some minor dents and holes one big hole by the foot pegs and another engine mounting plate welded to it due to the previous owner widening the adjustment holes i live on long island

Email  

yes i am really intrested in the stellar mini bike...how much? got pics? drew

Email  

Did you sell the Stellar minibike? If not let me know, need another project...thanks,John.

hey hey im first on the list....lol =) seller hasent responded yet. really intrested in one we owned equine-stellar corp. which manufactured them i just wasnt born yet. i would really like to see one in person and restore one.

Email  

What model Stellar are you guys talking about ?

Email  

any model would be great i just want to buy one to restore or one already done....as i said in the following reply my grandfather was the owner of equine-stellar corp in plainview NY and i would like to have a mini bike he built

Email  

what are you willing to pay?

how much do u want? lets see it

Email  

man...nobody has a stellar mini bike for sale????

Email  

try putting in an ad in the local paper in the area where they were sold you may find somtghing there .
also try making up some wanted posters and keep them with you and pin them up at places that have bullitin boards.
minibikes are everywhere and most of my finds were by asking people everyday "hey!! you have any mini bikes kickin around..." and some of them said no the first couple of times then i would get a story about this old thing that dosent run and looks like junk and if i want it i can have it.
well my bronco was traded for a beer fridge that i was asking 10 bucks for.
keep looking and if i find one i will let you know.
is there pics of this bike anywhere ???
shayne

Email  

I just found a new way to advertise my Minibike fever - I leave one sitting in my shop so that customers and vendors have to walk past it.

When I found my Keystone at the yard sale, I brought it to the shop and parked it there....I've since had a lot of comments.

Today one of my vendors told me that he recently threw one away. All he knew about it was that it had front and rear suspension, and he painted it, but never finished it. He bought his kid a dirtbike, and tossed the minibike in the trsh.

Re: stellar minibike for sale?

anyone??????????/ please top dollar paid!!!!

Email  

there r many on long island

any sugestions were to look ?i will be in long island august....i know there around my grandfather owned stellar corp. i just never owned one

Email  

I think the Stellar minibikes were also sold with both the names Republic, & Starlight also.

My minibike rocker(old rocking horse thing) I think is a Stellar.

somebody has one and not telling??!!!??

Email  

Hey Drew,
I can say that the Steller minibikes are pretty rare.
I don't know how many were made, but my guess is a low volume. It is too bad you dad or grand father did not keep one. What happened to all the tooling?

i dont know about the tooling...but i know i have 2 or 3 pallets of wheel and tires 8 inch spoke and like 2 pallets of brake levers (prob like 2500) all brand new old stock...might be stuff at the bottom hadnt looked yet

Email  

somebody has a stellar and not telling?

Email  

i'd be interested is those 8'' spokes e mail . korvette1977@hotmail.com

nobody wants to sell a stellar minibike? ??????

Email  

Drew, I know of one for sale. E-mail me at warpath5881@sbcglobal.net

BTW, Have you seen the Steller I just got? It's a George Barris version. It's on the Minidoodle picture page.

I sold my Stellar 2 years ago, guy still has it...he might sell it for the right price. Check out the picture pages for the gold one on there. I still have his phone # if you are interested. It appears to have been a base model with no suspension, I still have the rear wheel assembly with sprocket and new brake shoes from that bike, also have original front rim. John.

yes! i am intrested in anything that might be available

Email  

E-mail replied to Drew.

Here's one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1969-STELLA-MINI-BIKE-BRIGGS_W0QQitemZ280176431246QQihZ018QQcategoryZ88433QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Drew, still looking for a Stellar minibike? I bought a lot of minibikes today and one them is a Stellar. It is not pretty but it has hope, let me know if you are interested. John.

yes i am intrested pics?

Email  
Re: Re: stellr minibike for sale?

I thought you would be interested to see my Stellar Black Beauty. I picked it up yesterday. The bike needs a total restoration but seems to be complete & original? I was trying to ID the mfgr. till someone was kind enough to info. me. As you know, there's not a lot of info on these bikes,but they're out there. Like me, someone might not know what they have. The bike is very well built with 1" tubing & full suspension. It seems unique due to the rear shocks alone supporting/ joining the top & bottom frame. Becaust of this, the whole lower frame pivots at the front near the Headstock. Also isolates a lot of engine vibration.The link to my Thread & Pics Is Below:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/2339-new-mini-i-d-help.html#post20223

Email  

its prob the one i seen on ebay and my dad told me it was a black beauty but the seller said he didnt know what it was...so i didnt bid...there is a nice guy holding a stellar for me i will pick it up soon

Email  

Have you ever seen the style of frame with seat suspension that I have on my webpage at:
www.hometown.aol.com/iam2slo/index.html

i have new old ads that show some differnt styles of minibikes that my grandfather made there pretty cool

Email  

Drew, you are correct. I won it on Ebay. The seller didn't know what make it was & neither did I, but I figured for $70.00 I couldn't go wrong. The bike did run & was pretty complete except for that very flat seat!
The Briggs motor dates back to 1961 so I am sure it's not original.Oh well,another Winter project.

Email  

my dad seems to believe the flat seat is original he called it a pancake seat....but he said the black beauty was a cheaper version bike built for dart drug stores to sell.

Email  

I have a Stellar Black Beauty minibike if you're still looking for one.845-783-0969. Or cell 845-325-8146 Bike is in Monroe, NY. Pics available trades considered

Email   Yes I have one for sale