Return to Website

THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM

Welcome! The web's coolest SF & fantasy book review site is interactive, and you don't have to register or anything. Sound off about books you've read and loved, or hated. Is Wagner on-target about a particular book, or off-base? Recommend books that haven't been reviewed on the site yet. It's all yours.

THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BEWARE OF SCIENCE FICTION!

Just had to post this dire warning from the "Fundamental Baptist Information Service", because the lulz are absolutely epic, as we say in internet parlance. Who knows, the life you save may be your own!

Enjoy!

Re: BEWARE OF SCIENCE FICTION!

Just read it. Fantastic! Bizarre, but fantastic!

I always suspected something like this for awhile now, but it's so depressing to have concrete proof like this.

How about reviewing my new fantasy 'Noah's Ark'? The plot is pure Sci-fi, an omnipotent sky-dwelling robot, decides to flood the world he created, because the people he had populated it with were wicked enough to use the evil thoughts he had built into them.
The rains last for forty days, and take a further hundred to subside. During this period the continents are spated to such an extent that no land is visible. As a result, the protanganist, Noah, decides to collect a male and female of every land dwelling creature on Earth, and house them (and the necessary supplies to feed them) on a boat measuring 100 metres in length. For the next few months the millions of animals live a harmonious existence, until the flood subsides. Back on dry land each pair mates, and produce young, who themselves interbreed with no genetic ramifications, and repopulate the world.

I challenge you to identify a flaw in that plot.

Orson Scott Card

I don't agree with Orson Scott Cards views on life but I still enjoy his books. Why do other people have to be so narrow minded?