Return to Website

THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM

Welcome! The web's coolest SF & fantasy book review site is interactive, and you don't have to register or anything. Sound off about books you've read and loved, or hated. Is Wagner on-target about a particular book, or off-base? Recommend books that haven't been reviewed on the site yet. It's all yours.

Forum: THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
looking for a book title

Hi
I wonder if any of you guys can help me to locate a book that I read back in the late 70's the story line was something like this,

An asteroid approaches earth and ship is sent to ivestigate it. The crew find that it was mined and enter ito it, on further investigation it is found to be hollow to the point of infinity. In the centre of this infinate tunnel is a plasma rail which they find out how to ride. Along its length at intervals they find what I see to remeber Clavical's that open into different worlds, some good some bad and meet aliens along the way. Some of the Clavicals are locked. I can't remember much more and I hope this may help someone to poke me with a title and authors name.

I was informed that the book may have been The Mote in Gods Eye by Larry Niven but I've just read that and its nothing like I remeber but what a good read that was.

Thanks in anticipation

Derek

Email  
Re: looking for a book title

This sounds very much like Greg Bear's Eon, Derek, but I will poll my Twitter mob for confirmation.

Email  
Re: looking for a book title

Thomas
This title and author rang the proverbial bell thanks for your help I'm off to buy a copy from amazon.

Derek

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting