Return to Website

THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM

Welcome! The web's coolest SF & fantasy book review site is interactive, and you don't have to register or anything. Sound off about books you've read and loved, or hated. Is Wagner on-target about a particular book, or off-base? Recommend books that haven't been reviewed on the site yet. It's all yours.

Forum: THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
About the current slowdown

To all my loyal readers,

You've probably noticed that the frequency of updates to the site has been rather slow — as in glacial — as of late. There is a reason for this, and no, the site is not winding down, nor am I losing interest in it.

SFReviews.net has been my deep labor of love for 12 years — longer, if you consider I began reading for it as far back as the spring of 1997 — but it is not how I earn my living. I work professionally in the film and TV industry, and I have been concentrating, since the beginning of 2013, on producing and directing my own documentary feature film. This is now happening, thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign, and now that I am in production, all of the needs of that production are commanding the bulk of my time — everything from the endless process of research, to scheduling interviews and lining up the necessary post-production crew.

While this is impacting my reading time, it isn't completely shutting it off. I have no fewer than five titles I need to wrap up my reviews of, and am overdue on that. But I just wanted to explain to all of you what's going on in my life right now, and assure you that no, I have no intention of going away and that my love of reading and writing about science fiction and fantasy remains undimmed. My commitment to the site remains as strong as ever, especially as SFReviews.net has just celebrated its 12th anniversary and I have just joined SFWA as an Affiliate member.

But like every single one of your favorite writers, whose first novel represents the culmination of a long-held dream, I am at last in the midst of culminating a long-held dream of my own. And so I hope you'll be supportive while I see it through. (If you'd like to keep up with news about the film, here is one way to do it.) I eagerly await the day my project is out there in the world, and I can return to a fast and frequent book reviewing schedule.

All my best,
TMW

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com