Return to Website

THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM

Welcome! The web's coolest SF & fantasy book review site is interactive, and you don't have to register or anything. Sound off about books you've read and loved, or hated. Is Wagner on-target about a particular book, or off-base? Recommend books that haven't been reviewed on the site yet. It's all yours.

THE SF REVIEWS.NET FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which book is this?

I can't remember much of the plot, but I think it's one of the books mentioned as a review.

It goes like this.

There's a mission made, some women (I think, maybe with a spanish name) goes to investigate an (alien) ship, which has "teleporters" which brings her to 7 different worlds (or is it time travel?).

Sounds familar?

Re: Which book is this?

Sounds to me like Great North Road, by Peter F. Hamilton: teleporters, different worlds, mission to somewheres, spanish sounding name for a female main character (Angela Tramelo?). That's my guess.

no, I think it's a 3 letters book.

eon?

Maybe Eon, or not. I read that ages ago and while my memory of it isn't fresh enough to review it here without a re-read, I think your plot description might fit it but I'm not sure how closely. Anyway, I have queries out on social media.

I think it was eon, but I've read only a little bit of it. I got bored, not sure why, did you get the same feeling?

Mmm, as I said, been a while so I can't remember too much. I need to give it another go, if only to have it on the site.

Thanks I'd appreciate this, knowing you, a few pages would suffice :)

Someone else turned up on Facebook thinking it's probably Eon. Protagonist is named Patricia Vasquez. So we might have solved this one.