Return to Website

Free Basketball Skills Message Board

Come here to learn free basketball skills, drills, moves, and lessons for free. improve your game. come on in.

Free Basketball Skills Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Freethrow problems

I dont know why but when I shoot My freethrows (it looks good and nothings wrong) it always hits the back of the ring ( the iron ring) when ever we play 21...and when ever it is over i always get my rhythm back....but lose it again...whats wrong? and what is the proper way to do a jump shot does the power come from the upper body only when jumping or the knees?

Re: Freethrow problems

the only way that you are hitting the back of the rim is if you do something different during 21 than when you just shoot freethrows. When you play a game like 21 that puts a little pressure on you, you could be all tense.... next time you play 21 think about exactly how you are shooting it. Make sure it is the exact same as when you just normally shoot it. If you can't tell, ask someone to watch you before and during 21. Maybe they can see a differece. SOmetimes no matter how small the problem it is different and it throws you off. You could be bending your knees just a little more than you normally do. Sorry, can't help ya on the jump shot.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I dont know why but when I shoot My freethrows (it looks good and nothings wrong) it always hits the back of the ring ( the iron ring) when ever we play 21...and when ever it is over i always get my rhythm back....but lose it again...whats wrong? and what is the proper way to do a jump shot does the power come from the upper body only when jumping or the knees?