Wocki's Acorn-Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ArcDisc problem

Hi!

I have been trying to make an actual disk from my adf image. Every time I do this ArcDisc keeps telling me that the disk is not an archimedes one .

Please help

Mark

Re: ArcDisc problem

And I have tried formatting it with ArcDisc as well...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi!

I have been trying to make an actual disk from my adf image. Every time I do this ArcDisc keeps telling me that the disk is not an archimedes one .

Please help

Mark

Re: Re: ArcDisc problem

Hi!

I was trying to make a disc from one of my images too and had the same problems you have. I'm not sure why.

I think the format option for arcimg doesn't create a 100% correct Archimedes disc and so you can't write the image to disc.

Maybe you should try to format a disc on your Acorn and then write it with arcimg (ArcDisc).

Or you ask your question to the author of arcimg (see links or Emulation-Section).

Wocki

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi!

Please help

Mark

Re: Re: Re: ArcDisc problem

What version of windows do you have? ArcImg (the DOS program) doesn't work with Win 2000, NT or XP

"The author of V1.2 Tom Humphrey has confirmed this is the case and that it is due to the limited hardware access given by the DOS emulations provided with these versions of Windows and asked that this info be provided so that people do not struggle hopelessly if the operating system wont run it! Tom does say he will attempt a full 32 bit re-write of the software which should solve the problems, but sadly he cannot do so at the moment. As soon as I have a new version I will make it available."

Replying to:

Hi!

I was trying to make a disc from one of my images too and had the same problems you have. I'm not sure why.

I think the format option for arcimg doesn't create a 100% correct Archimedes disc and so you can't write the image to disc.

Maybe you should try to format a disc on your Acorn and then write it with arcimg (ArcDisc).

Or you ask your question to the author of arcimg (see links or Emulation-Section).

Wocki

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi!

Please help

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Re: ArcDisc problem

Has anyone tried using a program called Dosbox which is avalible for download on the internet. I think this should allow you to run Arcimg.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ArcDisc problem

This is an interesting point. I will try it if I find a computer with floppy