ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Useful contact for RM Radiator and Fuel Tanks, repairs & manufacture.

Hi Folks

Details of Fuel tank and Radiator services for RM’s

As many of you have seen, I have put a post out about the potential of having a batch of RM fuel tanks made.

Just though I would put the details of this manufacture out there for everyone for their own information if they ever required it.

They are called B.H.M Compak Radiators – Common Lane Industrial Eastate, Kenilworth CV8 2EL. Tel 01926 511304. Ask for Paul if you have any enquiries.

They make and repair fuel tanks, radiators and conditioning units – for any vehicle. I have watched them at work and would be happy to recommend their services.

I hope information is of use to someone in the future.

Thanks Mitch

My bus number (if any): RMC1462

Re: Useful contact for RM Radiator and Fuel Tanks, repairs & manufacture.

Thanks Mitch, it's always useful to have further contacts for this stuff.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

I have been contacted about supplying a new RM fuel tank, anyone know what happened to Mitch's order? If it didn't happen, any ideas of a supplier apart from Graysons.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1485 and several RTs

Is that for Nikolas with the vegan dining bus with the bulge in the side? He's out and about in France at the moment, he took the bottom off the tank on a speed hump in France about a year ago!

Nothing is cheap or easy to find for our buses these days.

My bus number (if any): RML2532,GS67,MLL721,MLL738 and an RT.

Worth a try with a drawing or pattern.

http://www.sportscarmetalworks.com/

roythebus
Is that for Nikolas with the vegan dining bus with the bulge in the side? He's out and about in France at the moment, he took the bottom off the tank on a speed hump in France about a year ago!

Nothing is cheap or easy to find for our buses these days.

Not sure Roy, does he have an RML and come from Geneva?

He's got an RML with full height roof and may be operating from Geneva.

roythebus
He's got an RML with full height roof and may be operating from Geneva.

Fuel tank has been repaired to a point Roy, return has been bodged, but the roof isn't quite full height now! He has bounced the N/S against a big tree branch, luckily its not damaged the hoopsticks.

Going up to look at it week after next, we will try and knock as much of the dents out as we can, as a lot of filler coming loose at that height isn't good for passers by!

Yes, that's the one. He hit a tree in Brusells about a year ago. He wanted me to fix the roof for him, but he hasn't been in contact recently. The gearbox on that bus failed when he treid to go from Dorking to Switzerland without even a safety check. He got to the hill outside Hastings where the bus died, refusing to go up the hill. Lucky for him I'd bought in a good used box the previous day, so that was fitted and away he went, only to damage the fuel tank in France the following day.