ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1986-2016 De-Reg

It will be 30yrs next year that Routemasters started to operate in Scotland and a small band of people are looking at celebrating trying to get Ex Scottish RMs at a event in Glasgow next year we have made some inquires from various interested parties.
We believe we could get up to 5 in Clydeside and Kelvin colours we would like this event
to go ahead sometine in August next year

Re: 1986-2016 De-Reg

Sounds good. At the moment, I can only think of RM835 in Clydeside and RM910 in Kelvin colours in active preservation, what other Routemasters are potentially in line for this event?

Graham Lunn
It will be 30yrs next year that Routemasters started to operate in Scotland and a small band of people are looking at celebrating trying to get Ex Scottish RMs at a event in Glasgow next year we have made some inquires from various interested parties.
We believe we could get up to 5 in Clydeside and Kelvin colours we would like this event
to go ahead sometime in August next year

RM1607, preserved in Stagecoach Perth Panther livery at the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum, Lathalmond, Fife is another possibility.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

There are two low numbered RMs that might be there also.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and several RTs

It was certainly good to be part of the Scottish Routemaster story from October 1986 when I commenced employment with Kelvin Scottish as an eighteen year old conductor through to driving a total of thirty five Routemasters (Chris Dobbing's RM471 included) in the Kelvin fleet from November 1990 to March 1993 when I drove RM367 on the Kelvin Routemaster Farewell Tour.

I'm confident Rob Duker will have RM48 ready for next August Brian as it is currently the oldest surviving bus that operated in the Clydeside Scottish RM fleet, unfortunately RM37 bit the dust in 1990.

RM 17 still survives!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and several RTs

Completely forgot about RM17 which was famous for having the all-over advert for Saab Motors during the early years of it's Clydeside career. I remember seeing it quite frequently on the 10 and 11 route as it was allocated to Thornliebank Depot.

RM471 is already pretty booked up for next August I'm afraid Graham, Let me know when you have a date. No Kelvin Scottish livery now though.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

Will do Chris, hopefully another former Stepps Depot stablemate of your bus, RM606 which is garaged at the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum will have been fully restored and back on the road by then.

Really looking forward to this! I shall be coming up in my bus, although the colours don't suit, the bus does having been owned by Clydeside Scottish. Wouldn't it be great to get RML900 up there!

My bus number (if any): RM2208

Hi all ,although not Clydeside or Kelvin , still with Scottish herritage I believe are RM298 at London Bus Company is an Ex Strathtay Scotish,as is RM45 & 191 are too . I've driven all 3 . I believe there is a part open-top still in faded Clydeside livery to .

My bus number (if any): None yet !!