ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM Wheel cylinder repair required

Hello all, i appear to have a leaking O/S rear wheel cylinder on the RM. Other than using Imperial who i believe do stock them on a exchange basis. Any other suggestions, my understanding is that each corner is unique. Repair kits available?
Thank you in advance, Mark

My bus number (if any): RM158 RML2460

Re: RM Wheel cylinder repair required

A new cylinder and a repair kit on Ebay now
The repair kit is item 274070451368 (buy it now).

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RML 2667 and several RTs

Imperial done a universal cylinder which fits anywhere on the bus. It has 4 mounting holes, the originals have 3 mounting holes.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

A known company that undertakes hydraulic componant repairs is:-

Hedley Hydraulics Engineering
Lion House
Crigglesstone Industrial Estate
High Street
Crigglestone
Wakefield
Yorkshire
WF4 3HT
01924 259999

My bus number (if any): Ex LTE Bus Engineering. AMIRTE. CPC-HGV

It's not much good replacing the seals in a cylinder if the bore of the cylinder is scored or damaged.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

roythebus
It's not much good replacing the seals in a cylinder if the bore of the cylinder is scored or damaged.
It is also a pain in the rectum job to do. It is very easy to damage the kit in the process. I fitted one to a cylinder which was just out of warranty about 12 months ago. It is not a job I would do again willingly. I would have to be desperate and only as a short term measure. I certainly wouldn't be talked into it because of the cost of a complete cylinder.