ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IVECO Steering Pump

WE have had an enquiry for a steering pump for an IVECO engined RML. Imperial supplied the previous one but they believe it isn't an HP 1 Plessey pump. Anyone know what other types of pump were installed on these IvECO powered buses.
It has the original gearbox.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RML 2667 and several RTs

Re: IVECO Steering Pump

Hi Brian,

I have one on the engine I replaced, where would I look to see identifying markings? Any other bits you need? I am going to pull the head to see if I can do a quick repair on the engine (seems to have dropped a cylinder)- if not I will part out what I can.

My bus number (if any): RM2133

Re: IVECO Steering Pump

Thanks for the offer Lorne, but I think the cost of sending it to France would be prohibitive.

If you were only offering to find the part number it should be on the casing.

Imperial Engineering supplied the previous one it has all their numbers on a label but they seen unsure of which type it is!

I have details of a Bosch pump from Martin Detheridge on Facebook which I will follow up

Thanks again, offer appreciated.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RML 2667 and several RTs