none

Blair's Columbia 26 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Considering a Columbia 26 MK II

Does it have to be in Hawaii?
I am getting a larger boat for cruising and have a well cared for 26 MK II here in Holland, MI to sell.
She has 100% and 150% crispy head sails and a BRAND NEW mainsail (for a McGregor 26') with 2 full battens and one reefing point that increases the sail area by 9 sq. ft. (in addition to the original sails).

All of the teak is in very good shape, oiled not varnished.
A 15 hp. Chrysler mounts in the motor well in the cockpit so it doesn't cavitate; halyards, lazy jacks and down haul for the head sail all run to the run to the cockpit, wired for shore power, marine head, new water tank, water pressure, electic and manual bilge pumps and I made a smaller table to give more room in the cabin. Extra 12 volt outlets added, etc.

Boat is freshly painted and the bottom is in very good shape.
Finally, I may want to haul my new boat from Lake St. Clair to Holland, We can get better prices if we can give the driver a return job.
Rich Winslow, 269-692-2285

Re: Re: Considering a Columbia 26 MK II

Hi, I'm actually considering one too. What do you think. This is what the ad reads:

"I have a 1969 Columbia 26 MII Sailboat for Sale.
It comes with a Dinghy, Trolling Motor, Brand New Jib & Main Sail. many ect. I NEED TO SELL THIS CLASSIC 26'
COLUMBIA MII SAILBOAT.
FIRST $1700.00 TAKES IT!! im only dropping the price on her starting tonight only , come tomorrow morning im posting her back up for 2500 , any one who can at least give me a down payment on her between now and morning time gets her at this price this boat is a classic , good condition for her age PRICED TO SELL. "