Blair's Columbia 26 Forum

none

Blair's Columbia 26 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boom for columbia 26

Kevin, I reciently built a new custom boom for GHOST "EL Condor Pasa" my 1974 Columbia 26 MKII and i have my old one not being used its in average shape has a Harken Magick Box for Outhaul adjustment and a few extra drilled holes for days gone by blocks and stuff. but very useable make me a offer.

Don

Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Hi Don, thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm sure we can reach an agreement on a price it is the shipping that has me concerned. I am in Hood River Oregon. 1 hour east of Portland. Where are you?

thanks again!
Kevin

Re: Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Kevin,Sorry about the delay in answering just got back last night from Alpena (Sailing) I live in Marshall MI. zip 49068 if you want to check on shipping. Let me know.

Check out our sight on Columbia 26 MKII's on Yahoo Groups.

Don

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Hi Don, no problem, glad you were sailing wish I was.
Is your boom a Kamet Egg shaped extrusion apprx. 3inches tall and 2 inches wide at the bottom? Does the boom have a sail feed for the foot up at the goose neck? Do you have a digital camera you could take a snap and email to me. I can send you a photo of my broken boom and you could let me know if they are similar. What is your email address? I would like to send you a photo of my boat "wings". Mine is kevindonald@gorge.net
Thanks
Kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Kevin Donald Is Now The Proud Owner Of The Former Boom Of GHOST "EL Condor Pasa" Is Now a Part Of "Wings" I am Now
Enjoying My New Custom Built Boom Built By Ghost Industries Of Alpena Mi.
Kevin Enjoy and Thanks A Lot.

Don

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Anyone else have another one
I just snapped mine in half today?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Before I purchased the used boom from Don, I contacted Ballenger Spars, http://www.sfsailing.com/ballengerspars/
He can make a new one but it is not cheap.
Best
KD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boom for columbia 26

Thanks!